BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braids 101: For Newbies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
elaflare31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elaflare31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2012 at 3:29pm
I have some senegalese twists and the ends look so bad the braids are good but I hate the ends. I have put them in water again and they look good for a few hours but every time I want to wear them down I have to put them in boiling water. Any body have any suggestions on getting them silky str8?
Sponsored Links

joi2fine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joi2fine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 11:10am

Hello, I've been mia for awhile and I need some advice. Im getting braids for the first time. I usually wear my hair pressed with 3 tracks of indi Remy sewn in or just just washed and pressed. Well its summer time and Im tired of not being able to swim so I wanna get some braids. I want some Micros with just a about 2 inches of my hair braided most of my hair out. My hair is a little past my shoulders and I usuallly get a 14 for my weave.  I want some really good hair I've been doing some research I love My BobbI Boss, but I think Im gonna need at least an 18 and I want something that is wavy and they dont do that in bundles. Im leaning torward the ocean wave but I cant find it in braiding hair, and it would hurt me to my heart to have to cut it off the weft, since the hair last so long. My question is where can I get high quality braiding human remy hair? Or is my best bet to get the ocean wave bobbi Boss and cut it off the weft. I need at least an 18 20 would be better in a 1b. Thanks In advance

thursdayschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thursdayschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2012 at 5:26pm
Does anyone here get black specks on their scalp after getting braids? I only get them right after the braids are installed and I don't recall seeing them again after the first wash. I always assumed it had something to do with residue from the extension hair or something but I just read that it could be lice related, which has me freaked out. The only other explanation I found was hair breakage sometimes results in black dots on the scalp - but what have isn't hair broken off right at the scalp but some kind of removable residue. I just got braids installed again this week and the specks are there again. Please tell me I'm not the only person with this problem. :(
thursdayschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thursdayschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 7:16pm
Nevermind. I asked my dermatologist about it and he said it was seborrheic dermatitis and tension/chemicals on the scalp makes it flare up. Guess that explains why I had so many scalp problems with relaxers. 

lolitaXD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolitaXD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 9:39pm
Have you ever seen someone with half cornrow braids and half micro braids? Is that even a style?

I wanted to get cornrows again but i also wanted to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail cuz its been so hot lately. since corn rows  are braided all the way down the head there's no mobility except the ends of them.
But what if the cornrows just went down a little over half of the head and the other half by the nape area was micro braided?

Please help :(   would that just look weird or could it actually work?

lovenaomi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovenaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2012 at 6:15pm
 I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with your micro braids . Cry But is seriously wouldn't suggest getting them again. Worst case scenario you could do yourself some damage and cause traction alopecia. 90% of people I know who get micro braids done after report loss of significant hair after they remove. They are too tiny and causes too much tension on tiny piece of hair.

One hairstyle i could suggest is using crochet braids, you braid your own hair underneath like tracts and use a crochet needle to thread micro braids or whatever you want through the hair. Its a much easier way to still have the same hairstyle.

If you look up crochet braids on youtube you will find many videos on it

good luck 
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by elaflare31 elaflare31 wrote:

I have some senegalese twists and the ends look so bad the braids are good but I hate the ends. I have put them in water again and they look good for a few hours but every time I want to wear them down I have to put them in boiling water. Any body have any suggestions on getting them silky str8?

You can try cutting the raggedy ends off and re dip in hot water for a few seconds, the older they are, the less silky the ends will get over time unless you cut the ragged ends off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by lolitaXD lolitaXD wrote:

Have you ever seen someone with half cornrow braids and half micro braids? Is that even a style?

I wanted to get cornrows again but i also wanted to be able to put my hair up in a pony tail cuz its been so hot lately. since corn rows  are braided all the way down the head there's no mobility except the ends of them.
But what if the cornrows just went down a little over half of the head and the other half by the nape area was micro braided?

Please help :(   would that just look weird or could it actually work?

This actually sounds cute but sounds like it may be a LOT of hair especially with synthetic hair and it could cause some stress on your real hair and scalp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by thursdayschild thursdayschild wrote:

Nevermind. I asked my dermatologist about it and he said it was seborrheic dermatitis and tension/chemicals on the scalp makes it flare up. Guess that explains why I had so many scalp problems with relaxers. 

I have this too around the edges of my scalp and hairline mostly.  I have a prescription shampoo and ointment that I got from a dermatologist to treat flare ups.   I was told it can flare up due to stress as well, I have had issues whn I color my hair also.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by joi2fine joi2fine wrote:

Hello, I've been mia for awhile and I need some advice. Im getting braids for the first time. I usually wear my hair pressed with 3 tracks of indi Remy sewn in or just just washed and pressed. Well its summer time and Im tired of not being able to swim so I wanna get some braids. I want some Micros with just a about 2 inches of my hair braided most of my hair out. My hair is a little past my shoulders and I usuallly get a 14 for my weave.  I want some really good hair I've been doing some research I love My BobbI Boss, but I think Im gonna need at least an 18 and I want something that is wavy and they dont do that in bundles. Im leaning torward the ocean wave but I cant find it in braiding hair, and it would hurt me to my heart to have to cut it off the weft, since the hair last so long. My question is where can I get high quality braiding human remy hair? Or is my best bet to get the ocean wave bobbi Boss and cut it off the weft. I need at least an 18 20 would be better in a 1b. Thanks In advance

I have purchased expensive hair before and cut off the weft, does Bobbi Boss really last that long ?????    It is probably cheaper to buy hair from a CV in bulk or cut off weft.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic