Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braidless Sew Ins/Alternative weaving methods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RiaBoBia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiaBoBia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2010 at 10:50am
Thanks yall!!! I really appreciate it. The more I think about it, I don't think braidless is for me. I like the full look and im scared of having metal in my head so no. When I started looking for stylists down here in TX it seemed like all these girls specialized in the Malaysian/braidless method so I thought that might have been the new ish, but apparently not. Ill keep searching...
Sponsored Links

marilyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marilyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 13 2010 at 6:20pm
Look in my blog hairedu.blogspot.com and click on prices. Next to braidless weave, you will see a picture of what it looks like. Make sure your stylist knows what he/she is doing because your hair and thread together help create a base. It will not damage your hair as long as your stylist is knowledgeable about this technique. If you are very tender headed or if you have thin hair, this will work for you.

Edited by marilyn - Sep 13 2010 at 6:21pm
Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Moreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 6:23pm

im thinking about going to Celina. She seems to do really go work. How did you like her and her shop

Topaz Moreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Topaz Moreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 6:24pm
i am thinking about trying celena. how is she as a stylist and her shop
CoKo_Pearl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoKo_Pearl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2010 at 11:38pm
We do braidless sew-ins but all of the hair is up.  Your hair is molded down like a quickweave and sewn onto a cap.  I have pix if you want to see 
HairGirl203 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairGirl203 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 6:23pm
I recently removed one of these braidless sew ins from my clients hair ....removing it ...was a pain in ass ...and the thread was all tangled in the young ladys hair .btw she was natural 4 b and transitioning ....her hair was literally matted up in the thread .....I had to soak her hair in coconut oil and evo ..and pic it out with the back of a rat tail comb ...and even with that there was serious breakage ..
minday83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minday83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 9:49pm
I have a mayalasian sew in right now and  it works very well for me. I'm going natural so my hair is about 3 months post relaxer and I use some garnier sleek and shine and a flat iron and it blends perfectly. I don't have any damage to my hair because its out under the weave but my hair is super short too.
The way my hairdresser did was was put these little bitty plastic clips/bands around my hair to form a  single row(or braid if it was a sew in) and when she sewed in the track she was piercing the plastic clips and not my hair. only that rows of hair that is used to sew the track is enclosed in the plastic clips the rest of my hair is out and I have a head full of weave...people that dont' know me think its mines 
It took awhile only because my hair is super short. But the hair lays flat and I can do the same stuff to my hair as a regular sew-in plus I can still take care of my hair underneath. I dont have itching because i can actually get to my hair underneath.
 It didn't slip to the point of me worrying that my  tracks would fall out but i did just get it tightened  because i have a lot of new growth and I've had it for 3 months. I plan to take it out in the next couple of weeks  only because I need to give my hair a break and see how its doing.
Prize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2010 at 9:57pm
This method works best with straight hair since your hair will be out in between the tracks. I don't see it being an effective "protective" style especially if you are going to frequently curl and flat iron your weave. If your aiming for a more natural look on an affordable budget this is one way to go.

I thought about getting it, but I want to see how my hair reacts to a braided sew in now. I know Cheryl of Flawless Extensions does it for $160. Her work is good.
earthangelusa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote earthangelusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 7:43pm
My name is Michelle, I am a Hair Stylist in the Charlotte, NC area. I do the Malaysian Sew-in Method.. My Clients Love it... Here are some Photos I did this week, and Last week....
I have more photos on my website...

MDFLDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDFLDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 9:49pm
i wish there was someone in MD/VA/DC area that did it for a good price (less than $200).  i want this bad!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic