Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Braider Cuts Childs Style bc Mom Doesnt Pay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 63>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:52pm
If me and my stylist are comfortable I have zero problem leaving to do errands.

I don't want to rear my children in the way white ppl do.

My community >>>>

Black folk used to watch out for each other.
Be it your own child or the child from up the street.

Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:52pm
i see what sandra is saying and i agree… 

no we dont care about what white people do but we have to compare and contrast to understand things sometimes 

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:52pm
There was a recently released report that said black children fare worse on every metric (ie how many live in poverty, have access to certain things, etc). when compared to children of other races.

Soooooo...sandra's anecdotal observations are borne out by the research in a general sense.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Alias

Clearly you're still pressed.....its been a week......but cmon lets compare....I never called black folks disgusting trash or said they should be round up and shot......I said we lack professionalism......

I think many people agree with your stance Mizzsandra. But I'm pretty sure you're a professional at your job?

Unless you're an exception not the rule
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

TBH... I don't understand the mentality of the mother or stylist...Both lack basic common sense and professionalism.

this

why is this thread still going?
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Actually. I'm angered equally by both. 

Soooo...yah. I can't bear a cape for neither of these broads.

The stylist just made it worse by sharing her tale of hood woe in great detail. She's taking heat cause the dumb asssss mother hasn't surfaced. Yet.

Meh, it's not equal to me. The mother has reached her quota of being an ain't ish person. The stylist is just hot headed and social media has been the tool for her demise.

Are you saying you're more bothered by the stylist?

I personally can't take a side. Both of em appear equally ratchet tbhEmbarrassed
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i see what sandra is saying and i agree… 

no we dont care about what white people do but we have to compare and contrast to understand things sometimes 

Look many of us aren't idiots. We see black people on WSSH and MTO acting a fool. Yes that ish is sad as heck. Yes we can see it a lot in real life. But at the same time and a fool is always seen faster than a wise man.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:56pm
I said a segment of our population are a particular brand of disgusting and carry themselves in a deplorable manner. You jumped on me because I singled out a portion of our group for behavior

How is that much different than saying "Its an observation I made and being that I have experience worked with all races.....and I made it.....and our sense of normal some bullshyt"???

Seems to me like you're the one backpedaling

Or were you just caught up in the heat of the moment and wanted to attack me for something you felt a similar way about? You sound confused. But it's okay, you live and you learn. No worries Tongue

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Alias

Clearly you're still pressed.....its been a week......but cmon lets compare....I never called black folks disgusting trash or said they should be round up and shot......I said we lack professionalism......
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:56pm
idk...sitting in the shop all day is part of our culture...maybe times have changed but when i was in say 4th grade, the stylists did not care if moms stepped out.  there were no stragglers in the shop or men.  it was full of a few familiar women, and everyone in the neighborhood knew each other through at least one other person.  everyone just sat around did hair, laughed, read, watched the tv, etc.  stylists also took a lot of breaks themselves.  it wasn't like being dropped off at Supercuts.

but you get what you pay for. if you want a more professional environment then you don't accept that from parents, and also give speedier service.  

the lady from the OP didn't seem bothered by the child being dropped off, only that she wasn't picked up.

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Actually. I'm angered equally by both. 

Soooo...yah. I can't bear a cape for neither of these broads.

The stylist just made it worse by sharing her tale of hood woe in great detail. She's taking heat cause the dumb asssss mother hasn't surfaced. Yet.

Meh, it's not equal to me. The mother has reached her quota of being an ain't ish person. The stylist is just hot headed and social media has been the tool for her demise.

Are you saying you're more bothered by the stylist?

I personally can't take a side. Both of em appear equally ratchet tbhEmbarrassed

@ seducky Hey bew
NO the mother is mainly to blame. The stylist has just lost more money than her doing that child's hair for free. If you're a hot head that's one thing, but if you're a terrible business woman I lose respect for you.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 63>
  Share Topic