Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Braider Cuts Childs Style bc Mom Doesnt Pay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 63>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

mother tried it. the kid caught the fade. the mother is somewhere scamming someone on something else right now. adults can get it and kids can get it too. the little girl will be ok. this incident will probably be a life lesson on the difference btwn right and wrong and she'll probably grow up to be an upstanding honest citizen unlike her mother.

Clap

Some of you all really haven't worked with "ain't sh*t" people huh?

My aunt had a shop and every now and then someone would try it. Just bold as ever. Others had sob stories, using their children and health as excuses, just anything to garner some sympathy. And we would have to lock the door and let them know that you can either run me my money or I'm going to run that azz. Your choice. 

Edited by joileprincess - Jun 02 2014 at 8:26pm
Sponsored Links

joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I'm glad that most of y'all can't fathom a mother doing this kind of thing to their child...that tells me you grew up in relatively normal, loving, stable homes.

I have seen people with my own eyes have their kids lie, steal, and cheat for them or deliberately put their kids in dangerous situations just because they want to get over on somebody. This happens all the time.

Sadly, that child is probably already so hardened to the world that this disappointment will just roll off her back like water on duck feathers. And in a few years she'll probably be on worldstar beating down some other child and we'll be wondering how she got so ratchet. This is how it starts.

True. I almost got got at the gas station once. The mother sending her child out there to beg and play homeless. Just shameful. Or at least it should've been. I'm sure she wasn't.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

Most braiders I know collect 1/2 the payment halfway through the style to avoid stuff like this.

1/2 if not all funds up front!

Word.  Why I wonder why she didn't get the money first.  I know i'm Wildfire late (bless her heart) but bear with me here.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

Most braiders I know collect 1/2 the payment halfway through the style to avoid stuff like this.

1/2 if not all funds up front!

Word.  Why I wonder why she didn't get the money first.  I know i'm Wildfire late (bless her heart) but bear with me here.

I've never done such a thing when it comes to hair. Hmm let me leave it alone..............

Edited by f8dagrate - Jun 02 2014 at 8:45pm
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:53pm
Yes when ppl don't pay the hairstylist a water bottle is on hand or weave will be cut so i understand no one want to waste time on a scam when they could have be making money.
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 8:55pm
do we know for sure that she ripped, yanked, snatched at the child's head?  or are we assuming because we mad that she cut the childs hair?  the braids are standing up because of the style of the braids and the fact that she cut them.  Not because she abused the child.  Besides...the child looks calm in those photo's to me.  If some woman was ripping at her head and cussin' n'sh*t wouldn't the child look upset?

not sayin' the stylist was right.  but just sayin'.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

I think we've all had it happen at least once at the stylist 

Where they change up the prices beyond what's reasonable ...

It would be quite bold, quite evil to put your child through that, to just not pay at all, there's no way for that to end well.

This. I had a braider do that to me. Quoted me 180 on the phone. I go to the shop and ask again after letting them see how long my hair was and 180 is the price. One of the girls did my hair and asked for 250 halfway through braiding my head. I told her no i was told 180 and I'm not paying 250. She didn't really argue with me. Finished my hair and got her 180. But some of those shops do try to get over.

That stylist was dead wrong for doing that to that little girl. I totally understand the frustration of having someone try to get over on you and waste your time but you have got to have some integrity at the end of the day and this stylist clearly had none. I feel so bad for that little girl. Grown ups really disgust me sometimes.
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:22pm
Naw, not the kids though.

Jack up whatever adult was responsible but leave the kids out of it.

This kind of reminds me of the school that wouldn't feed the kids cuz their accounts were deficit. Folks raised absolute hell about that. I get that the little girl isn't going hungry (that we know of) but emotionally that is rough to go through. Different issue but same principle.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:47pm
Too bad for the child. Shame on the mother for tryna pull a fast one. That alone would be enraging for the stylist. Besides playing with someone's money, nobody likes their intelligence being fucced with. 
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:58pm
Mmmmmm some of yall sympathizing with this stylist too much. (function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=reply&ID=0&CACHE=1648') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-open&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

All businesses get scammed. She was supposed to call the police and handle the matter legally. 

She's not special. Businesses with inventory get scammed worse than service businesses because they have to pay for the cost of the product. I don't give a phuck about her "wasted" time. That's a loss most businesses will gladly take over a chargeback or some sheit over actual merchandise. If she as a business owner has not developed her payment policy to avoid such matters at this point, that is also indicative of the fact that she is not a professional. 

It is evil, crazy, vindictive, and childish to do a childs hair (and you know the little girl saw the way her hair looked and liked it), then call her back to the chair in an angry rage and chop all of them off like that. Take pictures of it. Then post a before and after picture of the child on instagram. That was WRONG. Period. She had absolutely NO business taking her rage out on that little girl. 

At the time that the stylist KNEW she wasn't going to get paid, what was the point of cutting them out like that? So the (mama) didn't have a free hair style? So the child would look ugly when she came back home? Regardless she knew she wasn't getting paid. You can't take back a service, that's why SERVICE type businesses have a payment policy that protects them in matters such as this so they can retain a good reputation and not get scammed. 

She's a rat. She attracts rat customers. Rat customers steal and scam. Rat stylists post before and after images of children after they've intentionally phucked up there hair talking about "I give sero phucks". Okay bytch. Just don't get mad when your clientelle is exclusively thots and hood boogers, because a professional woman would not set foot in your shop. She essentially LOST more business and therefore MORE money by her actions than had she just handled the matter legally. 

But since her doing that to that little girl is understandable, what if a customer had gotten a relaxer, or dye job? Is she going to phuck that up too? What if the mama paid for the hair that she chopped off? 

Starting to realize that the bar for hair stylists is crazy low. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 63>
  Share Topic