Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braider Cuts Child's Style bc Mom Doesn't Pay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 70>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aNgElIc*SoUl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aNgElIc*SoUl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:53pm
One of the reasons I feel some type of way about paying upfront is because of a bad experience I had. I was 9 or 10, my mom drops me off at the salon and pays upfront and leaves. When she was done with my hair she told me the price, I tell her my mom already paid.....this bytch argues with me and starts talking all kinds of crazy about me and my mom, just going completely OFF! I start to cry, my uncle comes to pick me up and pays the stylist yet again(to avoid confrontation). I never went back to her.
Sponsored Links

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:53pm
I think this is not the first time the Mother is doing this. She has done it before and it worked in her favor.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

Ive never been to a salon or braider that ask for half up front this is new to me.  

I havent either. Never. I think that people are too confrontational here for that to occur. The price is discussed in very clear terms and agreed upon b4 the hair is even touched.

I read it wrong. Yes, people pay half in advance for hair, nails and a lot of other services and pay the balance at the end. Maybe it is regional.

Ive never seen the negotiated price get upped in a salon at the end of the service.

Am I the only one?  Hmm, this has happened to me a few times.   Most of the time, it could be due to travelling, going to random salons.   But even at a reputable salon in TO, he told me $125 for perm, cut and style. I agreed.  When it came time to pay, he charged me $265, why?  He said he decided to do my hair himself instead of a junior stylist and his services cost more. 

I've never paid half for a service upfront 

Yes, I think that may be what happened^^^. I usually am exceptionally particular about receiving salon services from people that I dont know and it is to the point of anxiety b/c I dont like a lot of hands handling me LOL, but Im usually not in a situation where I have to get my hair done on the road due to travel.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

I think this is not the first time the Mother is doing this. She has done it before and it worked in her favor.

I also get the feeling that this is someone they know on a personal level, not just a random client.

This has probably happened before and the stylist was like you gone learn today. And probably felt comfortable doing what she did because it wasn't a random client.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:00pm
im probably tooo understanding but braiding takes a looooong time, especially at the salon

Is it possible mama was just late? I can't see anyone abandoning their child over some braids

The stylist should've been more understanding towards the child, what a day, getting poked and pulled all day, waiting for your mom, hearing the stylist carry on only to get your style cut off and now your pic on the internets aligned with stealing

Don't know what happened with Mom but if this was deliberate, that was inexcusable

NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

Smh I ain't leaving my child with no stranger. I am sitting at the salon with my child.

I agree, but sadly in the salons and braiding shops, i see this all of the time. Very, very small children unattended. I was at my braid shop in Harlem and this guy dropped off his 3-4 yr old daughter and was like, I will be back in a half hour. I was getting a style that took 4 hours. When my hair was finished 3-4 hrs later and I left, the girl was still sitting in that salon, no dad, no food, no water, no bathroom.

The girl was half black and half asian and the style the man requested wasnt something that would hold well b/c her hair was almost as straight as a ruler and wispy with practically no coarseness to it and you know with that texture, the braids will unravel overnight. I bet you that he came back to that salon and raised hell whenever her braided hair came loose but if he was there while she was getting her hair done, the stylists would have been able to ask him if th wanted rubberbands on the ends. they asked the girl if she usually has rubber bands on the end, but she said i dont know.
Wynter View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wynter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:06pm
That's some BS. You don't treat a child like that. Yes the mom was wrong but that's phucked up. And whoever sat in that shop and watched her do it ain't sh!t either.

Pissed the fcuk off.

ETA: Those braids look like sh!t too.

Edited by Wynter - Jun 02 2014 at 7:12pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:08pm
Man, this is a tough one. She was dead wrong to post that pic of a minor on the internet. But I work for myself and I've been stiffed out of payment by a client or two in the past. It can really mess you up when you're counting on that $100 for your weekly grocery bill. I get the feeling that the mother is used to pulling stunts like this.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:12pm
well lol its positive week so I wasn't going to mention leaving baby girl in the salon

I won't even leave a loved one alone in the hospitalwith trained staff much less a child in a busy salon with random strangers but I'm old fashioned

miana79 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote miana79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 7:19pm
In my opinion, the stylist is wrong for punishing that poor child for the actions of her mother whom she has no control over. Its the mother that should have been shamed and disgraced not the poor baby!!! Never take punishment out on a innocent child that did nothing wrong. Its Immature and a sin to do so!!

Edited by miana79 - Jun 02 2014 at 7:20pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair