Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Braider Cuts Child's Style bc Mom Doesn't Pay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 70>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't think leaving your child at the salon is weird.

At a kid's salon, im fine with that. If its at a general salon, then i would have to have had a long term relationship with the stylist, or known them personally for a while.

But i wouldnt send my child to a grown folk salon though
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Really? 

But when leaving a kid somewhere which is better?

A person you've known since 9th grade or a random chick?

Don't ever leave our kid with me....we will never be close enough for that....we aint friends and this is business.....not my job to babysit....I do not get paid extra for that.....people are so quick to leave their kids with people.....

really with what?Confused there is no big disagreement here really. 

you cant trust anyone, old family friend or not. Fathers rape their children. 

Its the adults closest to the children who have been proven to do the most harm.

What random chick? If you take your child to one of the kiddies hair place here, its not unsafe IMO.I can only speak to experiences/scenarios here. My friend leaves his daughter for two hours or so, does his business and returns for her, at which time her hair is usually finished, so there is no "babysitting".

Most if not all of the kids have cellphones, so parents call or call the stylist to check up, etc.

I would go with my child until a relationship is forged, before i start leaving the child, and it wouldn't be for more than 2 hours. This isnt any random persons' house etc. My view on this may change in future, who knows.

I dont think the stylists consider it babysitting, as long as you return within a reasonable time. Some of them are set up with play areas etc.

It really is not that horrible.

We consider it babysitting.....If I am responsible for more than just the service it is.....snd just because people have been molested by their father leaving a kid with a random isn't that bad? And forging a relationship? You are forging a business relationship.....not a personal one.....and with kids have tiny attention spans and a stylist alternating between more than one client she still ends up babysitting.

um...okay Sandra.

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Yeah a lot of stylists are kid friendly.
Some even specialize in kid services.

They are ok.
It's not babysitting for them.
It's working with children.

If stylists have problem they should put work with minor children.
The end

this is all

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 04 2014 at 4:01pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:05pm
I enjoyed my alone time at the salon  when I was a kid.  Made me feel like a "lady". 
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

White people have nothing to do with this conversation. Yet they come up again as the Holy Grail of Standards

...and then we complaint. what does this have to do with if white people?  
Leaving a child at a kid's salon in good hands, where it is the nature of their job to not just do the child's hair, but keep an eye on them til the parent returns --within reasonable time (agreed on by parent and stylist) --is nicca shyt? 'Kay then.

far as i know, my friend is no takes very good care of his daughter and family, and is a good dad. if leaving her at the hairdresser for a couple hours makes him a nicca, welll, what can i say

Edited by Wildfire - Jun 04 2014 at 4:08pm
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:32pm
Not interested in going through the 60 plus pages of the thread but honestly I totally empathize with the stylist.  Personally I would have collected all of the money upfront but that is just me.
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:46pm
Confused This girl was one of her regulars? Is this the same little girl?

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:49pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

Confused This girl was one of her regulars? Is this the same little girl?

yes, that's her!!  SleepySleepySleepySleepySleepy

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:50pm
lordty!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 6:55pm
How can u tell that's the same little girl from behind? Lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair