Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

braid pattern for a full weave?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: braid pattern for a full weave?
    Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 1:44pm
Here's the thing. I'm currently natural, however I am considering getting brazilian wave hair rather than the kinky curly I was eyeing originally. I don't want any leave out because I don't want to perm or press it, and I work out a lot. Is it possible to have a full weave that looks natural if I use a closure? What would be the best braid pattern to achieve this? I'm thinking mid-back length with a side part. Weaves where I live always look jacked. Thx.
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Here's the thing. I'm currently natural, however I am considering getting brazilian wave hair rather than the kinky curly I was eyeing originally. I don't want any leave out because I don't want to perm or press it, and I work out a lot. Is it possible to have a full weave that looks natural if I use a closure? What would be the best braid pattern to achieve this? I'm thinking mid-back length with a side part. Weaves where I live always look jacked. Thx.

hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:02pm
Braid the front of your hair straight back making sure that you have a part exactly where you want your weave's part to be (you can braid the back in a circle, zig zag or however you want because it's not that important). Then attach your free style parting lace closure to your weave and Wallah!!! A natural looking weave.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by Naturalchick30 Naturalchick30 wrote:

Thx for your reply. So she's only installing the closure and 1 single row all around? The rest of the braids remain bare? Does that mean that if she were to lift the hair, you would see the tracks on the bare tracks on the side? The end result is pretty but I'm wondering if it's practical. Seems like a single gust of wind would make it easily detectable... 

Why is she calling it a wig if it's sewn onto tracks?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 06 2013 at 9:00pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by hairfanatic501<strong> hairfanatic501 wrote:

Braid the front of your hair straight back making sure that you have a part exactly where you want your weave's part to be
(you can braid the back in a circle, zig zag or however you want because it's not that important). Then attach your free style parting lace closure to your weave and Wallah!!! A natural looking weave.

So you mean that the hair should be braided vertically, front to back, like a regular cornrow style? How are the tracks attached to the hair? In a vertical way, same direction as the tracks? Or horizontally, somehow?

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jan 06 2013 at 8:50pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:47am
Anyone else can tell me why the install in the video is considered a wig rather than a sewn-in weave? (I hear her call it a wig and I don't understand why, since she's installing tracks and it looks like a sew-in to me! Anything I should know?). 

I want my hair to look just like hers and I was planning on bringing my laptop to my hairdressers' to show her the video so she would know what to do. I want to order the hair and closure by the end of the week (from a different vendor because the company in the video only ships to the U.S.) but I want to make sure that I can get a decent install out of it from my hairdresser before shelling out that much cash. Please help, anybody?

Avoniee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Avoniee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:10pm
It's a upart wig
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Avoniee Avoniee wrote:

It's a upart wig

Thanks for answering. Another poster told me what it was as well. I'd never seen a U part wig or known that you could sew it, so I was confused...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic