Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Boycotting Florida!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 1:10am
Theres a GZ in every state. Trust that money for his defense came from various places in the US. While I do find the idea interesting. This tactic in a way is somewhat unrealistic and wont really be seen for its impact for years and years to come. Whatever happens needs to bring awareness fast and in dramatic form...Even if its just a matter of massive "flash mobs" and sit-ins.  I do understand theres not just one way that can be put forward to address this but while some things may take years there has to be something that takes place and can be seen in the now. But thats just my opinion.
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 1:30am
ok fine....just...boycott what u can then in whatever city you live.  Make a concentrated, deliberate effort to support black business whereever u live.  Even if it's a small change it would be a start.  I mean...we have to start somewhere right? 

It would be great if this time next year we would see news stories speaking on how moneys have gone out of white pockets and back into various black communities.  I understand that this would not be a quick fix but...we all know how folks are.  Anything that sounds like too much work will discourage people.  Despite the good it might do.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 16 2013 at 1:30am
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 1:37am
^IA with you ladies.

And even during the civil rights movements not all Black people were unified and active in the movements. It started small, grew into something bigger, more people joined in but not everyone was active.

We can all make concentrated efforts big and small to screw over yt people to help Black businesses and communities gain power and money.Star
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 1:55am
Originally posted by csungrl09 csungrl09 wrote:

Since money talks, I want to dedicate this thread to the things that come from Florida that we can pledge not to buy as a result of the Zimmerman trial. I will not continue to support this backwards state as they continue to convict or criminalize my black brothers and sisters while freeing or hailing white murderers. What are some products and services that we can stop buying or investing in that come from Florida?

Florida oranges and orange juice
Disney World
Travel to Florida

Add your own.

ETA: ^these^ are the things I won't be doing. You are free to do or not do any of the things in this thread, but me and my family can live without orange juice, disneyworld and a vacation to miami. 
What the WHOLE darn State?

Irresponsible. Confused
juniper angel View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniper angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 3:10am
I'll boycott when i move out but i mostly shop at Haitian stores anyway
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:09am
This is a repost.  The last time this thread was done, it didn't go over too well.  Here we are , back at square 1 talking the same things with no results.  
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:14am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^IA with you ladies.

And even during the civil rights movements not all Black people were unified and active in the movements. It started small, grew into something bigger, more people joined in but not everyone was active.

We can all make concentrated efforts big and small to screw over yt people to help Black businesses and communities gain power and money.Star

Not sure why people act like it was all black unity.
Half of our beloved leaders didn't even like each other. 
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Not sure why people act like it was all black unity.
Half of our beloved leaders didn't even like each other. 

unfortunately, this is true.  despite that, there was still progress...

anyway, i actually do think we can make significant impact through financial boycotts.  however, i think it should be more precisely executed.  i'd like to see us red dot to the head a single target and strike at the same damn time.  i'm thinking we start with a driver that is very simple to measure.  something like retail corp with most eeoc (from black employees) complaints...or publically traded co with highest salary variation for exec staff vs non exec staff...something like that...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jul 16 2013 at 8:19am
CamiK View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamiK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:05am
lmao@ cali being worth a damn...cali aint sh*t...
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 8:10am
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

lmao@ cali being worth a damn...cali aint sh*t...

you rep florida too hard for your opinion to be worth a damn. SleepySleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>