BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boycotting Florida!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

tbh i still wanna go visit in miami.. 
i have fam in FL

but i wont... 
i dont think this will make much of a difference though unless we can get thousands and thousands of people to do the same.. 

me too.  I had wanted to go to Disney but...*shrugs*
Sponsored Links

hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 10:42pm
I live in central Florida ( home of Casey Anthony and George piggy Zimmerman) honestly everyone is going about their day like usual here. It seems like we are always in the national news for something. Ah well
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

lol@ ca isnt better than FL... 

be blk and shoot a warning shot at your husband trying to beat your ass.. i bet you wont get 20 yrs here. 

or defend yourself after someone follows and attacks you.. 

shiet, you can be black and get away with murdering your white spouse here. 

dont disrespect us like that. we are nothing like your disgusting, pitiful state. 
shiet, CA had the most beneficial protests out of the majority of the country.. everyone else was scared to bust a grape and on the peaceful ish. 

I have no problem with anyone bashing Florida, but California, with their extensive history of racial profiling, isn't the state I'd be big upping.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Jul 15 2013 at 11:25pm
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:37pm
CA sucks if you aren't wealthy/famous
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:52pm
A joke. Black people will never be able to mobilize again in an effective manner. Here I am trying to find lists of every possible company based in Florida that would benefit from my money and yall are talking about Disney Land...in the thread talking about boycotting that pitiful ass state. Ok. 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:04am
cali does have it's own set of problems but there's no place like home and in hindsight, san francisco is great city!  very liberal, very vocal about upholding civil rights, and people just need to get the word and they're ready to lobby and fight for what's right.  there are absolutely racist there but man, they're leaps ahead of a lot of this country.  i booked a flight back home tonight.  i need to be around something familiar.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:11am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

*reads thread* Let me say it like this then....boycott white florida.  Support as many black businesses as you can in Florida. White folks take our spending dollars for granted.  I mean...it's not to offend black folks in Florida but...sh*t. Let us hit them where it hurts. 

*sighs*  I understand that it will be hard and require some sacrifice...but would this sacrifice not be worth it?  We can't go out of our way for ourselves?  We can't put in just a little effort for ourselves? I mean...the market place is huge these days considering we have the interwebs.  We as a people...it was no prollem to sacrifice for the greater good back in the day.  If you're serious about this or whatever it is you believe you will find some type of a way.  

Like I said...I understand that there are instances where u might have to walk into white owned establishment.  If it must be white owned then let it only be the SuperMarket or a pharmacy and not some unnecessary store. I want ya'll to pretend it's the 1950's and those stores say "No Nig.gers Allowed" on their windows.
This.

Would it be best to stay away from local mom & pop yt establishments since more money goes back into the community if you spend in non-chain places?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:20am
what state doesnt have racial profiling....? 

i know there are bad cases like oscar.. but thats every state.. they dont even try to hide it in FL... 
I dont think ive ever experienced any blatant racism and ive been here for over 20 years. 

FL is more similar to them other southern states....  
dont compare CA and FL.. theyre not even remotely alike.. if they were ppl in SF, OAK, LA, SAC, and SD wouldnt be doing what theyre doing right now..
theyre used to/conditioned to that shat in FL.. thats everyday for them.   

Edited by coconess - Jul 16 2013 at 12:25am
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

*reads thread* Let me say it like this then....boycott white florida.  Support as many black businesses as you can in Florida. White folks take our spending dollars for granted.  I mean...it's not to offend black folks in Florida but...sh*t. Let us hit them where it hurts. 

*sighs*  I understand that it will be hard and require some sacrifice...but would this sacrifice not be worth it?  We can't go out of our way for ourselves?  We can't put in just a little effort for ourselves? I mean...the market place is huge these days considering we have the interwebs.  We as a people...it was no prollem to sacrifice for the greater good back in the day.  If you're serious about this or whatever it is you believe you will find some type of a way.  

Like I said...I understand that there are instances where u might have to walk into white owned establishment.  If it must be white owned then let it only be the SuperMarket or a pharmacy and not some unnecessary store. I want ya'll to pretend it's the 1950's and those stores say "No Nig.gers Allowed" on their windows.

i like the idea of this.  
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 12:52am
Kind of hard to boycott certain types of businesses in FL when I live here. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic