Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Bootcamp for troubled kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 2:32pm
I smell a bully at school is messing with him so he takes his frustrations out at home. Either that or his taco meat chest hairs have multiplied and he is trying to man up. What is dad doing?? You see moments like this needs that video from the other day where the boy was getting pummeled by his uncle for disrespect.
Who gonna pay the bills if mama gets fired for his dumb arse calls yelling all crazy.

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 2:51pm
We need more details on his personality. How long has he been acting like this?
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 2:57pm
if his father lives in the same home as him, does he act disrespectful to his father too? 
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:10pm
He has anger issues as well. He once took a sharpie and wrote the word "hate" all over his closet. He has threatened suicide a number of times. He never thinks he does anything wrong and challenges my mom when she tells him to do something.

His schoolwork is suffering and has been for along time. He's barely passing some classes and has failed others.

His friends, IDK how they act in their own homes but from what I've seen they act alright. My mom thinks maybe he's getting this from his friends though.

Yes, he's yelled at my dad before too and been disrespectful and he's been yoked up for it. It hasn't changed his behavior. He calls my grandma crying then she calls my mom and threatens to call the cops on my dad. I think my dad just gave up trying to discipline him.

My mom actually told me she doesn't want to tell my dad all that has been going on because he will tell her that he's been telling her the boy is disrespectful but she's been letting it slide. Putting the blame on her.

Edited by tropical-punch - Jan 31 2013 at 11:11pm
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

sounds like he got no male figure....yall gotta try to get a uncle or something to get him right.....box some of that disrespect outta him...just make sure they don't videotape it and put it online or some folks will think he taking it too far

LOL
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2013 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

He has anger issues as well. He once took a sharpie and wrote the word "hate" all over his closet. He has threatened suicide a number of times. He never thinks he does anything wrong and challenges my mom when she tells him to do something.

His schoolwork is suffering and has been for along time. He's barely passing some classes and has failed others.

His friends, IDK how they act in their own homes but from what I've seen they act alright. My mom thinks maybe he's getting this from his friends though.

Yes, he's yelled at my dad before too and been disrespectful and he's been yoked up for it. It hasn't changed his behavior. He calls my grandma crying then she calls my mom and threatens to call the cops on my dad. I think my dad just gave up trying to discipline him.

My mom actually told me she doesn't want to tell my dad all that has been going on because he will tell her that he's been telling her the boy is disrespectful but she's been letting it slide. Putting the blame on her.

The bold indicates there needs to be some sort of counseling.

He needs to learn there are consequences for his actions, serious ones. First of all, if he threatens suicide, call the police. If he's really trying to kill himself, then that saves his life. If he's not, he needs to know that doing that is not funny nor is it ok to use that type of emotional blackmail on his parents. That is not something to just let slide. A 24 hour hold would probably be enough for him to learn to never do that again if he's just using it to scare your mom.

Second, if he's barely passing classes then his parents need to figure out an educational intervention. Especially if he won't be able to graduate on time as a result. Maybe it would be better for him to get his High School Equivalency or GED and then go to community college or trade school.

Your parents need to lay down the law about what they will and will not accept and then follow through. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Make it a requirement to go to therapy, get passing grades, work, and whatever else or else all he'll get is a blanket, some oatmeal, and a raggedy outfit from the dollar store. And if he doesn't like it, he can get the hell out.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:09am
I'm going to plus one maysay.

If he's threatening suicide, bootcamp won't help, he needs therapy and perhaps mom & dad could use some parenting help while getting him on the right track.

I just really can't even imagine being a teen so out my rational mind that calling my dad up at work and yellin' at him seems like a pretty good idea. That sounds like a death wish even as an adult lol.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:16am
I also think maysay gave really good advice...

To add, I'm sorry that you and your family are going through this. It's very hard to watch your baby bro/sis suffer in ways you can't help with.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 12:17am
Man..If I did any of that to my parents, I don't think I will be here today LOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2013 at 1:32am
^Right?

I hope he gets help while he is still young and can turn it all around.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic