FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Book Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:31pm
I had. once believed that we were all masters of our fate--that we could mould our lives into any form we pleased. . . . I had overcome deafness and blindness sufficiently to be happy, and I supposed that anyone could come out victorious if he threw himself valiantly into life's struggle. But as I went more and more about the country I learned that I had spoken with assurance on a subject I knew little about. ... I learned that the power to rise in the world is not within the reach of everyone.

Helen Keller

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2014 at 5:33pm
"If knowledge is power, ignorance cannot be bliss."

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong by James W. Loewen
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:26pm
"Our egos want to be better than others, to have more than them, to be acknowledged by them.  Our egos are the source of our desires but also the source of our unhappiness.  When others are down, secretly, deep inside of us, some part relishes the fact.  Because in a win/lose world it can only mean that we are up.  When we are down, some part of us reviles against telling others because it is admitting our weakness."

Be by A. C. Ping
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:30pm
"Let's face it.  It suits a small group of people to keep things exactly the way they are now.  It suits a small group of people to have everyone else fighting against each other.  It suits a small group of people to have everyone believe that human nature is so bad that essentially we cannot be trusted to look after each other.   It suits a small group of people to promote the notion of scarcity."

Be by A. C. Ping
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:35pm
A world built on abundance can only be abundant. A world built on scarcity can only be scarce.  If enough people believe in the abundant nature of the world it will be created.  If we want to change the world we must first change ourselves.

Be by A. C. Ping
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:37pm
"Self pity is a way of refusing to play the game of life and saying the rules should be bent to accommodate you."

Be by A. C. Ping

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:40pm
We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.  Aristotle

Be by A. C. Ping
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:41pm
"Just by living, we change."

Be by A. C. Ping
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2014 at 4:52pm
"Everything in nature is in constant flux and change.  Remember the Heisenberg principle?  The nature of an object is changed by its interaction with the subject.  Well here's another theory for you- the Mandelbrot set.  The theory is that everything is constantly going from a state of chaos to a state of order, then back into chaos and so forth...Think of the implications...Everything is always changing.  As we interact with our environment we influence it and cause it to change.  The way it changes is directly related to the way that we interact with it.  So, the way we see ourselves changes the way that we change.  The intention that we put out into the world influence the way the world changes.  We become what we believe."

Be by A. C. Ping

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 4:00pm
"Bad things happen periodically, and they're going to happen to somebody.  Why not you?"

Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and Its consequences by John Allen Paulos
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 59>
  Share Topic