FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Book Quotes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Book Quotes
    Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:03am
i love a good quote.  sometimes i think thats my reason for reading, is that moment when you read something that is so profound that you must take a moment to digest it.

list some here:
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:09am
" There are some women...good women very possibly through no fault of their own impel disaster.  Whatever they touch somehow turns to tragedy"

My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:11am
" make up your mind that you are a man and behave as if it were absolutely true and all else will fall into place"

Cry To Heaven  Anne Rice
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:24am
" I missed the people altogether.  I thought I knew them and wasn't worried that they really didn't know about me.  Now, it's clear why they contradicted me at every turn.  They knew me all along.  Out of the corners of their eyes they watched me.  They knew how little I could be counted on, how poorly, how shabbily my know it all self covered helplessness. 
That when I invented stories about them, then doing it seemed to me so fine.  I was completely in their hands, managed without mercy. 
Busy they were, busy being original, complicated, changeable...while I was the predictable one, confused in my solitude into arrogance.  Thinking my space, my view was the only one that was or that mattered... I over reached and missed the obvious... so glad to be looking out and in on things.  I missed what went on in heart pockets close to me."

Jazz      Toni Morrison
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:26am
" it is easy to plan a thing but very often very difficult to see it through"

Don Quixote  Miguel DeCervantes
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 11:46am
"Droll thing life is-that mysterious arrangement of merciless logic for a futile purpose. The most you can hope from it is some knowledge of yourself-that comes too late-a crop of unextinguishable regrets..."

Heart of Darkness  Joseph Conrad
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 2:52am
"the real evils indeed of...(her) situation were the power of having rather too much of her own way"

Emma  Jane Austin
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 2:53am
" women were just like queen bee's, could do everything but fly"

Mama  Terry McMillian
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 2:55am
"she had lost her enthusiasm had lost her idealism and self assurance and now at 30 she had somehow lost her will"

Mama  Terry McMillan
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 2:57am
"There is a luxury in self-reproach.  When we blame ourselves we feel that no one else has the right to blame us.  It is the confession, not the priest that gives us absolution"

The Picture of Dorian Gray  Oscar Wilde
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System