Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with  2 brush clamp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Napp Napp wrote:

wow i had a similar brush like this and it ripped my hair out! is this type of brush supposed to be special or something?

when i used to flat iron my natural hair i would use a soft boar bristle brush to chase with and that got my hair very straight and was only a fraction of the price.

I do like using a brush attachment when blowdrying. its gets the blowdried hair very straight so that the flat iron doesnt have to do much work.

It's special in that you have two things clamping down at once rather than hoping your hair is being held at full tension with that backward stroke-pull with a single boar-brush. More hairs are grabbed at once but also given the same if not equal tension for a better straightening. I'd like to think it works that way. When I have chased with just a comb the results were so-so, then with a thin boar hair brush a little better. The boar hair was pulling my strands taunt when the comb was doing whatever it felt like doing because it's already a smooth, slippery, plastic surface for my hair to slide through. I'd like to think that two boar hairs pulling taunt is better than one. If that makes sense.

When you hair was ripping out were the fibers of the brush plastic-y and was your hair fully detangled? Ouch

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Dec 11 2012 at 9:29pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 11 2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by kathytwa kathytwa wrote:

I went to two CVS they both had them , but one store had 50% the other regular , of course I got the one 50%. I will see I can't flat iron at all,  I hope it works 
Oh I guess it just varies from one store to the next. I know I'll be gifting this to a friend in transition while it's a tad more affordable. Embarrassed
Napp View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

wow i had a similar brush like this and it ripped my hair out! is this type of brush supposed to be special or something?

when i used to flat iron my natural hair i would use a soft boar bristle brush to chase with and that got my hair very straight and was only a fraction of the price.

I do like using a brush attachment when blowdrying. its gets the blowdried hair very straight so that the flat iron doesnt have to do much work.

It's special in that you have two things clamping down at once rather than hoping your hair is being held at full tension with that backward stroke-pull with a single boar-brush. More hairs are grabbed at once but also given the same if not equal tension for a better straightening. I'd like to think it works that way. When I have chased with just a comb the results were so-so, then with a thin boar hair brush a little better. The boar hair was pulling my strands taunt when the comb was doing whatever it felt like doing because it's already a smooth, slippery, plastic surface for my hair to slide through. I'd like to think that two boar hairs pulling taunt is better than one. If that makes sense.

When you hair was ripping out were the fibers of the brush plastic-y and was your hair fully detangled? Ouch

yes my hair was detangled. i remember another menmer had recomended it but i cannot remeber what brush it ws. it has stiff bristles. My hair gets straight enough with the regular brush so i'll just stick with that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 14 2012 at 12:58am

Originally posted by GoatGoatEtc. GoatGoatEtc. wrote:

yes my hair was detangled. i remember another menmer had recomended it but i cannot remeber what brush it ws. it has stiff bristles. My hair gets straight enough with the regular brush so i'll just stick with that.
Whatever works.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:16pm
Finally I get some alone time with this brush. Again I didn't get time to finish but this thing is a keeper!

I deep conditioned my hair for 3 days, rinsed and detangled, made twists, put my leave in on them, and retwist and let my hair dry.

Then on about 4-5 twists I started using the Nexxus brush tongs.

I would brush and comb out my pieces a little more because I noticed leaving the brush tong to do the brush for my twists was not as easy as my denman and comb. Brush out my twists from tip to root. Then notice the brush tongs are stopping at my tips because they aren't uniform. This is remedied but chasing my tips first and then following through with the entire piece after.

I realize my passes with the tongs are this way because I did not BLOW OUT. Pinch

The twists I chased were crazy straight, shiny, and my tips did not feel dry! Now I'm doubly excited because my trimming is gonna be a breeze since my hair is so uniform!

Variables in this trial: The amount of product in my hair and blowing out.

thebombdotkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebombdotkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:27pm
I NEED THIS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 4:54pm
Afterthoughts: Blowing Out or drying your hair stretched would be awesome and help speed the process and eliminate steps. Then I wish Nexxus would make this brush skinnier in width of the paddle. My hair is only beginning to touch the bottom of my chin in the front and my collar bone at my nape.
leelee82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote leelee82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 5:40pm
The brush is on sale this week at CVS. I just got it for $7.99

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 12:54am
Ok so it's been a week since I've pressed and my hair is still ultra soft. Kittens <3 Maybe my steam flatiron was also responsible in this.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 9:10pm
My results early this morning. I re-ironed and chased with the tongs. Then went on a not so cold walk and sweat it out into what now looks like a blowout. lol

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Dec 23 2012 at 9:11pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>