Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Pressing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with  2 brush clamp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BONE STRAIGHT NATURAL! Chasing with 2 brush clamp
    Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 2:23am
I am dumb struck! Pinch Chick found this awesome invention at CVS. She's using a chasing Brush that auto clamps on your sections and holds them in place! My arms get tired, this is heaven sent! I can't wait to try!
Sponsored Links

mslaydii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mslaydii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:31am
wooow! this is just so helpfulClap i just ordered me one of those cuz i haven't seen them in stores over hereApprove
thanks a lot for this post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:36pm
I just got in and one of my CVS' had one! They're such a popular item; I had trouble finding one all day! I can not wait to use mine! I detangled today!

The brush is called the Nexxus Heat Effexx Sleek N Style (Brush). It was marked as $15-$16 something but I generated a 20% off coupon with my CVS card.

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Nov 02 2012 at 9:52pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:47pm
The key words/ things that sold me: Tourmaline, Ions, Ceramics, Nano Silver, and Boar bristles.

So the back of the packaging reads:

Nexxus Effexx is a fusion of the newest technologies. This fusion of Tourmaline, Negative Ions, Ceramics and Nano Silver was professionally engineered and customized to meet all your hair styling needs.

Nexxus Heat Effexx was created to provide you with the right brushes for optimal thermal styling. These are the ideal styling tools for achieving your perfect style using heat. Our brushes use the newest  technologies to heat up faster and stay hot longer for the best thermal styling results.

*Tourmaline eliminates frizz and seals the cuticle, locking in moisture.
*Ions tighten cuticle layer and seal in natural oils.
*Ceramics evenly distribute and hold heat longer so hair dries faster, minimizing damage.
*Nano Silver helps eliminate hair pollutants that make hair dry, brittle, frizzy, and eventually break.

Use to blow dry hair straight. Dryer warms thermal plates on inside of brush, allowing for faster drying time. Boar bristles grip hair, smooth cuticle and distribute hair's natural oils for vibrant shine.

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Nov 02 2012 at 9:49pm
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 4:06am
I'm checking my local CVS stores ASAP.

its no longer online at cvs.com Unhappy
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 7:23pm
Thank you for this threadClap! I live in CVS and I need this brush in my life!!
soarlikecruz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote soarlikecruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 11:01pm
I wouldn't mind giving this a try
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:20am
I had to go to 3 local CVS stores... but I found it! I'm not scheduled to flat iron for another 2 weeks. My blow dry technique is solid.. but my flat iron job needs work.

I will post my review when I do.

When the cashier rung it up, she said "whoa hun thats a pricey brush"
I agreed and let her know that if I'm not blown away, its coming back.
lol

fashion11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote fashion11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 2:13pm
Thanks for posting this! I went to two CVS stores before I found it. It was $15.99 I think.

I normally use the tension method to blow dry but my roots rarely stretch as much as the rest of my hair. Saturday is my usual wash day so I tried the brush out yesterday after washing & DC (for 10 mins, I didn't feel like sitting with a wet head). I did not flat iron, just put in some Bantu Knots.

This brush definitely gave me a smoother finish & my roots were much more stretched. It was probably my best blow dry job. One thing I noticed is that smaller sections are better for my curlier sections. I can use larger sections with my front which is more wavy. Also, using larger sections with curly hair caused tugging, which is not good. I learned my lesson after that first section. Detangled hair also makes the brush glide down the hair easier.

All in all, I love this brush!! It is pricey but from what I've seen these type of brushes are between $12-$20 so I don't think it's overly priced. You could probably get something similar on eBay or amazon cheaper.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by fashion11 fashion11 wrote:

Thanks for posting this! I went to two CVS stores before I found it. It was $15.99 I think.

I normally use the tension method to blow dry but my roots rarely stretch as much as the rest of my hair. Saturday is my usual wash day so I tried the brush out yesterday after washing & DC (for 10 mins, I didn't feel like sitting with a wet head). I did not flat iron, just put in some Bantu Knots.

This brush definitely gave me a smoother finish & my roots were much more stretched. It was probably my best blow dry job. One thing I noticed is that smaller sections are better for my curlier sections. I can use larger sections with my front which is more wavy. Also, using larger sections with curly hair caused tugging, which is not good. I learned my lesson after that first section. Detangled hair also makes the brush glide down the hair easier.

All in all, I love this brush!! It is pricey but from what I've seen these type of brushes are between $12-$20 so I don't think it's overly priced. You could probably get something similar on eBay or amazon cheaper.
Thanks for posting about your results! For sure you were correct about detangling and doing small sections! I have to do this for blowouts and straightening all the time. I have a really tight curl pattern in some places. And the chick in the vid seemed to have a looser pattern, idk, and I forget if she said she washed and detangled or what.

I still haven't tried mine yet! I've been too busy this weekend but you're giving me even more good feelings about this brush!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic