Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bone Broth for Hair Growth?
    Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 1:52pm
Anyone has tried? My sister saw a white girl with gorgeous, long, thick hair and asked her what was her secret. The girl told her that she goes to Whole Foods, buys the bone broth at the meat department, boils it with water and eats it everyday.

Then the same girl told my sister that some woman was trying to sell her some pill that cost hundreds of dollars that she claimed it made hair long, thick, healthy, etc and the girl said to my sister "I am getting the same results by just eating something that is much cheaper!". 

I am going to buy it and give it a try. Has anyone tried that? My mom said when she was a kid, women would use bone broth on their hair to make it look beautiful, but it smelled bad.

I searched for threads on this and found nothing, even on Archives.
Sponsored Links

Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2016 at 9:39pm
I have not tried it,  also did not know about the hair benefits.
I have heard of Bone Broth for the skin benefits because of the collagen content.

Thumbs UpGood luck
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2016 at 11:47pm
I bought today bone marrow at Whole Foods. It was about eight dollars.

I put on a metallic container inside a pan filled with a bit of water.
In the pic you can see some oil forming from the meat - I put the bone too because there was some meat around it and it was hard to get it.

The result was less than a quarter cup. The oil became this texture by simply sitting on the small container. Next time I will buy a pound of bone marrow.

My sister added a tablespoon of the oil of bone marrow into 3 tablespoons of hydrating creme, applied to her dry hair, put a shower cap and washed her hair after 20 minutes. She did not use conditioner after. I touched her hair and felt very light and soft.

I am going to mix half of the container with some hair creme, and the other half I will add to soup, like the girl who told my sister about it. I will add a tablespoon to my soup and will eat it daily.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 12:15am
i mixed half of the container with 5 large tablespoons of a Brazilian hair creme made with ceramides, bone marrow and shea butter. I applied a bit to my hair and will wash it off in the morning. the bone marrow oil smells a bit, but it is not a foul smell that requires a bottle of essential oil to mask the smell.
4BFabulousity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4BFabulousity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 12:05pm
I have never even heard of this but if it ends up working kudos to you!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2016 at 2:22pm
I will be updating this thread when I see results. Biotin does work but for some reason once it reaches a certain length, my hair doesn't grow at the same speed. I have different lengths of hair, some are 2 inches shorter than others, and I am still at BSL.

I took a pic today and will be comparing with the one I take at the end of the month.
AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2016 at 5:01am
Good luck. Share your results if it works.
afrohairsolutions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrohairsolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2016 at 2:05pm
Good luck. I've heard it's good for your hair, but it's also good for bones too!
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2016 at 11:31pm
I have been adding a bit of the bone broth oil to my soup, but my sister spoke to the woman again - she is in her 40's - and the woman told her she buys bone broth from a brand called bonafide provisions. It is probably much cheaper to buy something in a pouch than the bone broth. I spent 8 bucks on the ones in the pic I posted, and that won't last long - it only last until now because i barely ate it.

The girl said that she boils it on the stove with seasoning, then she let it sit for 4 minutes after it boils. It gets thick and the flavor comes together of whatever she added to the broth base. She recommends to eat within 10 minutes or less because it isn't good to eat it cold or lukewarm.

I am going to buy the bonafide at the store and add to my tomato soup with pesto.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 2:11pm
Well, I have noticed some growth. My hair is currently growing in different speeds, and comparing before and after pics I can see growth, but not only that, I trimmed my bangs a couple weeks ago and they are already longer and when I tie my hair in a ponytail, it looks fuller.

I purchased the bone broth from the link above for only 10 dollars, kept it in the refrigerator, and mixed half a cup with some tomato soup. On the label it says to drink it like tea. I will try that someday, but for now, I will eat it with soup once a day.

I have lots of split ends, so I am trimming my hair after tomorrow. I will take a pic and post comparison pics within 2-4 weeks.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic