FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boiling hair for waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 2:11am
Originally posted by cherrybombrose cherrybombrose wrote:

I PURCHASED VIRGIN INDIAN HAIR, ITS A NATURAL WAVY TEXTURE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO DO THE HAIR STYLES FROM THE 40'S LIKE RITA HAYWORTH AND WOULD LIKE MORE OF A BODY WAVE, I TYPICALLY SEE FOLKS RAVE ABOUT BOILING HAIR TO OBTAIN A CURLS BUT DON'T KNOW TO GET A BODY WAVE, WHAT RODS WOULD I USE TO CREATE WAVES

Those styles were typically achieved with pin curls.  On youtube there are tons of pin curl tutorials, I would start there.  Then, I would place a hairnet on the hair and steam the curls in.  Now, it will take a very large pot, because you don't want to crush the curls, and I would stuff the inside of the unit with something like a small towel covered in foil to retain the shape of the unit, and steam for maybe 2 hours.  The vendors use a wave roller that I still have yet to find, but I am still looking.
Sponsored Links

cherrybombrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybombrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2013 at 11:28am
Ohhhhh okay I see, I don't have a lace wig I ordered 3 bundles of hair, I will try what you suggested, thank you so much, a wave roller????? I've heard of wave curling irons but not wave rollers, thats sounds cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybombrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:25am
I just googled Wave Roller and found a product called Goody Summer Wave Roller, you should check it out, they have a youtube tutorial

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybombrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 8:27am
Lmao in the fireplace, what??! but yes the hair being bleached could have possibly had something to do with the hair messing up, when I purchased wagman hair for the forst time I boiledbthat hair quite a few times and didn't any problems,that was even after I colored the hair red and it still lasted through the boiling.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by lunvenus lunvenus wrote:

I boiled a wig once rolled on 1" diameter aluminum foil  with olive oil and conditioner in the pot. The hair was silky straight at first and I just wanted a big body wave. So I boiled it for 2 hours. When I took the hair out of the pot it was so wrinkled like Kinky hair with a curl and felt mushy like over processed hair. The wrinkles did not come from it being loose on the rollers. It was still secure on the rods when I took it out. Now this was  very light blonde  so maybe that had something to do with it since it had already been bleached a lot in China to get that light. The piece was ruined so I had to throw it in the fireplace.

LOL  Sorry that comment was just so random.  Lol.

Sorry that happened to you.  Yes it sounds like the hair was not so great to begin with, and 2 hours is a long time if you want waves, as the longer you keep it on the heat the more kinky it will be.  Also, the fewer rollers you will need.  For waves, a few rollers are needed.

Hair does make good kindling tho.Wink

Edited by PeacefulOne - Jan 18 2013 at 10:25am
afro-european View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afro-european Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2013 at 8:31am
I recently did the boiling method on one of my old lace wigs. Check my blog for the results Smile

http://mydeluxehair.com/beat-the-summer-heat-hair-spiration/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System