Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boiling hair for waves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boiling hair for waves
    Posted: Dec 16 2012 at 8:39pm
I have a FLW that is Mongolian hair and stick straight.  I'd really love this wig if it only had a bit of wave to it.  I'm considering the boiling method but I'm not sure if it will work on this hair or quite how to go about it.  any advice?
Sponsored Links

yunvme2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yunvme2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 8:35am
I had the same question a while back I did not really get a answer I have done it to wefts but never a LF I also want to ombre as well but good question I hope someone chimes in with more help. I am worried that the lace could be darkened by boiling or damaged for that matter I may just have to perm it.
Lace Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lace Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:33pm
I boiled a "virgin" unit by placing it in the boiling water and the lace turned black from the dye that was in my so called virgin unit.   My next unit I put in a strainer above the boiling water and it turned out fine. Boiling does work I ended up doing three wigs and they turned out great by putting them in the strainer.
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KittenWhip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 9:11pm
I have boiled hair that was wavy, but lost the wave and it worked fine.  I found a bunch of videos on Youtube to show me how to do it.

My only suggestions are to use conditioner and make sure the ends of the hair are in the curler.  Oh and don't use wave rods; they will become soft.

Good luck (watch those YT videos!Thumbs Up)
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Lace Lover Lace Lover wrote:

I boiled a "virgin" unit by placing it in the boiling water and the lace turned black from the dye that was in my so called virgin unit.   My next unit I put in a strainer above the boiling water and it turned out fine. Boiling does work I ended up doing three wigs and they turned out great by putting them in the strainer.

I have had the same happen to me.

I also learned to use the strainer and a LARGE pot, because the water will boil over. 

I used a little olive oil in the water and conditioner on the ends of the hair. 

Aluminum foil works better than perm rods or flexi style rollers, because the hair does not unwind as easily in the water. 

Allowing the unit to cool down on a towel before taking the rollers out helps set the pattern for longer lasting curls.

And the longer you boil, the curlier, for waves, 90 minutes should work fine.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2012 at 6:48am
Thank you for the advice!  Esp. about the steamer; that sounds like a wise idea.  
Corinth4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Corinth4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 5:06pm

A little off subject I bought a wig from a wholesaler in china called newyonganhairfactory.  It was suppose to be chinese virgin but it had so much plastic in it,  just strands all over.  I was so upset.  Mazviebabie advertises them all over youtube.  I was going to boil but it would just melt.

Angry ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
chinawigsupplier View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinawigsupplier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 1:03am
The easiest method is to let your supplier to boil wavy pattern for you Smile
chinawigsupplier View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chinawigsupplier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 3:10am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMs2ozZ7Vjw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMs2ozZ7Vjw   This vedio will help you !
cherrybombrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrybombrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:54pm
I PURCHASED VIRGIN INDIAN HAIR, ITS A NATURAL WAVY TEXTURE, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO DO THE HAIR STYLES FROM THE 40'S LIKE RITA HAYWORTH AND WOULD LIKE MORE OF A BODY WAVE, I TYPICALLY SEE FOLKS RAVE ABOUT BOILING HAIR TO OBTAIN A CURLS BUT DON'T KNOW TO GET A BODY WAVE, WHAT RODS WOULD I USE TO CREATE WAVES
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic