Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Boil washing clothes, growing own food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

That's why I left Africa Cuba. I'll pass. 
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

I know how to use and have a wash board, the clothes plunger thing, the tin pail, the stove iron etc how to hang a clothes line etc and i think that it is great to have the items and the skill in case the electrical grid goes down or in case or catastrophe like hurricane/tornado etc where power couldbe out for weeks, but with Gwds will, i will never have to live like i am in the early 1900s and will never have to bathe in a tin pail and wash clothes in it. yes i can till/mulch/fertilize/plant& harvest a garden, compost, can/bottle fruit & vegetable, make moonshine brandy & wine and also know how to make candles from castor seeds and how to make lye soap from ash & lard. i thank my ancestors for giving me my mom & my grannies.

We are >><<

One of our plans is to have a place that can be completely sustainable off grid

I lived through two hurricanes that wiped out all utilities and I was shocked at how well I adjusted

And it came down to those early lessons of life
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:46am
I'm too lazy for all of that. I'll make an effort to recycle but that's about it.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 11:48am
i hear you Rumbera

When I came back after the last hurricane, I thought I'd keep up with the hand washing and what not, that lasted one good time and it was back to the washing machine

There are certain pieces I still hand wash but certainly not the whole load, I ain't got time for that

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:09pm
yes/yes and i'm steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel fancy...Cool
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:38pm
2014 garden (i work in my parents garden a few times a week and have ten huge mosquito bites to prove it):

cucumbers
spinach
beans
mustard greens
tomatoes
peppers
grapes
strawberries
blackberries
peach tree
plum tree

i forgot at least 1-2 hardy green items...i'll update when i remember

Sweet potatos (In a pot so that they will be more abundant than in the ground soil)

Edited by NJHairLuv - Jun 19 2014 at 1:39pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

yes/yes and i'm steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel fancy...Cool

you go girl lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2014 at 1:39pm
We made a vegetable garden with gardensoxx and smart pots so I can move them where I want when they're grown... like a flower arrangement 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic