BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boil washing clothes, growing own food

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 6:26pm
Used to hand wash, my dad was used to doing that in Jamaica, but the washing machine was much better.
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

honestly i'm not really interested in messing up my manicure

yes. this stops me from doing a lot of things that I fully know how to do.

judge?LOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 7:02pm
I know how to use and have a wash board, the clothes plunger thing, the tin pail, the stove iron etc how to hang a clothes line etc and i think that it is great to have the items and the skill in case the electrical grid goes down or in case or catastrophe like hurricane/tornado etc where power couldbe out for weeks, but with Gwds will, i will never have to live like i am in the early 1900s and will never have to bathe in a tin pail and wash clothes in it. yes i can till/mulch/fertilize/plant& harvest a garden, compost, can/bottle fruit & vegetable, make moonshine brandy & wine and also know how to make candles from castor seeds and how to make lye soap from ash & lard. i thank my ancestors for giving me my mom & my grannies.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Mar 29 2014 at 7:05pm
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 7:05pm
I started making soap as a hobby.
I'm getting good.

It takes so long for the soaps to set but I love it.
I found I hate glycerin based soaps.

Edited by jonesable - Mar 29 2014 at 7:06pm
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 7:41pm
That's why I left Africa. I'll pass. 
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Used to hand wash, my dad was used to doing that in Jamaica, but the washing machine was much better.

I cant hand wash clothesEmbarrassed except an undershirt or so but I hand wash undies and bras those never go in the machine. My helper hand washes certain clothes but towels, bed clothes go in the washing machine. I can bathe with a gallon or less of water though. I don't use the washing board or the plunger (doubt the plunger is sold here) just me and my hands going scips scrips scrips. lately Ive been wearing but esp. when I have my mani, I told the girls at the nail place and they looked at me like I wash a freakCryCry

I have too many fruit trees to go hungry including breadfruit which is a starch. There may be a compost somewhere out back I dunno. We have candles, kerosene lamps but no kerosene. We have a coal stove but no coal. We have a drum to catch rainwater but its never been opened
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:49pm
As I've gotten older, I've become more cognizant of my carbon footprint and living a simpler lifestyle.

I do hand wash some (not all of my clothing).  I'm working towards growing my own food (would love to have my own garden one day) and sewing majority of my clothing. 

I'm a HUGE advocate of people knowing what they are putting in their bodies. 
Whenever my family comes over, they jokingly tell me that I "eat like a white person" but whateverrrrrr. lol.

It's always a good idea to know where your food comes from, whether that means growing your own food or buying food that is growing right/naturally (minimal to no GMOs, chemicals, hormone fed animals, etc). I think one of the main reasons that our generation is seeing so many new diseases/sickness is because of all of the chemicals we are pumping into our body via the food we eat. But that's another topic all together. 

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

honestly i'm not really interested in messing up my manicure

I used to say the same thing until I discovered that gloves are your best friend.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:10pm
I just backspaced the funniest comment but it was insensitive.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by herwoman herwoman wrote:

I just backspaced the funniest comment but it was insensitive.

post it
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>