Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives > Talk Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Forum LockedBob Marley---Bugs In Hair???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Lick3Shots View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 8:37am
Originally posted by LISALONDON LISALONDON wrote:

Originally posted by ChickRida ChickRida wrote:

i was disturbed when i read this....my whyte coworker sent it to me (i'm half Haitian and she thinks I know everthing about the islands....b*tch)....i was very offended and I thought I'd ask you guys, I never heard this before and I didn't think it was true....it's f*cked up though that they'd even say this....there was more stuff too, but that sh*t ain't right....

yes chickrida it sounds like a white persons idea of a joke. Doesn't stop them from touring the islands looking for some rasta funStern%20Smile

That's for sure!

Sponsored Links

Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 8:38am

i was disturbed when i read this....my whyte coworker sent it to me (i'm half Haitian and she thinks I know everthing about the islands....b*tch)....i was very offended and I thought I'd ask you guys, I never heard this before and I didn't think it was true....it's f*cked up though that they'd even say this....there was more stuff too, but that sh*t ain't right....

And you have a right to be offended. And why would she ask you?? She wouldn't show this crap to her white friends.
yourleoqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 9:31am
Wait, so someone is trying to get people to believe that 37 new species of life emerged from Bob Marleys head?Confused  Ermm  LOL 
COTTONDRAWLS View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 9:46am
Its feels so inappropriate posting under those tatas wit my tongue waving an all....lol.....those folks at you job violated you!.....find a story about how nasty they are ad read it out loud.......matter of fact.....read this to them..... quoted from CLCNY:

Omg...thank you for this thread...

I am the only female in an office of 8.  On top of that, I am the only Black person.

I don't mean to make this about race, but I've noticed it at other jobs I have been at...

Caucasian people don't seem to like shi*tting at home.  I think they fear a toilet monster in their own toilets, safe under their own roofs?  Because they hold it in, until they come to work, and then let loose.

Did I mention my desk is near the bathroom?

I thought, Okay...my boss is in his 60's, maybe he can't help going 2-3 times a day, and making the whole office down to the kitchen smell like rotten bologna with hot peanut butter and dead squirrel nuts...but there's this 19-year-old kid who started a few months back, who runs (he's an athlete, so I hear) who goes like 3-4 times a day. 

I mean, is that normal?  Why the effin' hell would you program your body to sh*t at work?  I mean, what if you have to go somewhere for a business meeting, you gonna shi*t there too?

Isn't it embarrasing to subject the office to your doodoo butter stinks?  Don't you feel nasty?  Cuz if you don't, you should.  If I can program my body to hold my dooks until early in the morning before work, and in the early evening after work, so can they!

I don't care who agrees/disagrees/gets offended--it's nasty, and you SHOULD be shamed.  No one is bustin' their butt to get to work to smell your dookie.

And if this isn't just a Caucasian thing, I wouldn't know--I've never worked in an office with Black/Hispanic/Native American/Asian people who sh*t there before, and all the people of other races that I know of come straight out and TELL me they don't go at work, unless they have an emergency (i.e. Taco Bell for lunch...don't ever do that, ya'll...not fun...Confused)

On top of alllllllll that, my boss doesn't wash his hands after he's done.  Then he goes in back to the kitchen, plunges his hands down the pretzel jar, swishes it around, like he's cleaning his hands with the pretzel salt, then he wonders why no one else is eating the pretzels....

I have to hold myself back from screaming, "BECAUSE THEY AIN'T PREZTZELS NO MORE, NOW THEY SH*TZELS!"  Angry

Edited by CLCNY20 - Yesterday at 3:25pm
quoted from CLCNY:

Edited by COTTONDRAWLS - May 07 2008 at 9:50am
yourleoqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 9:50am
I am extremely ticklish too, every time I see that tongue I giggle. LOL

For real, send them the stories bout the white women in the 60 who were dyin left and right cuz whole colonies of spiders were livin in their beehives and bitting them in the head. That'll shut em up QFAIAH!
Haitienne Pearl View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 9:58am

i stumbled across this, have you guys ever heard this?

bob mareley was a rastafarian priest in 1970 and died when he was 67 years old. When he died they found 37 new species of insects inside his hair. The use of ganga is a sacred tradition for thae rastafarians, they use it as a religious sacrament as the rastas movement gained speed in the 1930's. for rastafarians smoking herb is both a recreational device and a religiouse

The name was Marley
He was a musician not a priest
He died at 36 or 37, not 67

1st sentence 3 mistakes... Not sure I can believe the rest.....Confused

Greetings View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 10:02am
LOL Lord. This myth has been around for years. 
LiberianQueen83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 10:03am

Originally posted by LiberianQueen83 LiberianQueen83 wrote:

LMAO! Bob died when he was 36....and I'm pretty sure he was a musician and not a priest.  So I doubt the bug thing is true either. I've only know one rasta, a friend of my husbands and he was like a neat freak and obssesed with living a clean natural life.  Well, obssesed isn't the right word but you get the point.

LOL.. your right they are obssesed with cleanliness. They also do not eat certain foods..ie pork as they believe the pig is unclean etc. They are mostly vegetarians and vegans.

Yup he was a very strict vegan....no honey....no clothes made by animals...and his freeform locs were HUGE but they looked sparkly clean to me, lol.
trinigyal298 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 10:55am
LOL @ age  67
Carib_n_curly View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 10:55am

This is some bullshyt. Bob Marley died when he was about 36. He died prematurely. Cut down in his prime.
The rest is fuccin ignorant, my father was a rasta and he washed his locks daily. They were waistlength. Rastas are some of the cleanest people you will ever know.

Angry

i know every rasta or any one with locs i have ever known is real clean expect if they are homeless but homeless people with locs their hair is rank. they are just trying to say bad things about locs they didn't even get the age right
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>