Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Hair Gels, Oils, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Blue Magic Hair Grease!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mjsdirtydiana88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjsdirtydiana88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 8:52pm
personally i dont use it. it has mineral oil and petroleum in it. but if it works for you, why not? :)
Sponsored Links

LIZZETTE81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIZZETTE81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 2:42pm
I had some BM just sitting on the shelf (so am trying to use up all the stuff that I don't like), so I mixed the BM with some leave in cond. that was yucky (very watery), added some sulfur and some mega-tek, got out my hand mixer, whipped it until is was real smooooth........love it! Then again my hair has always entertained BM/petroleum. I can tell you one thing for DANG sure, when my ma was taking care of my hair (back in the day we didn't know about no almond oil, argan oil, and natural oils that), she used hair-rep, coconut pomade and royal crown, (and there wasn't a whole lot of shampoo'ing going on either), my hair was past my shoulders and healthy. Negro got grown started with perms, colors, and all that other stuff, and my hair has been jacked up for the past 30 years, hair went straight in the tiolet! But I say, use what you like! I just love living in America...do what YOU LIKE AND LOVE Clap.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 2:51pm
I spent the night at a friends house and had no styling products with me and we decided to go out to lunch so i had to make my hair look extra nice. My friend had some shampoo and hair grease and that was it. I washed my fro and finger styled it with grease then airdried it and honestly, that was the best wash & go fro I have ever had

i am back to the late 70s with most of my styling & beauty products and i have been having much better results than i have had with all the high priced new age stuff that is not tried and true. Im about to go back to using Ponds Cold Creme or Noxema on my face next lol

Edited by glamrock - Mar 06 2011 at 2:52pm
LIZZETTE81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIZZETTE81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

I spent the night at a friends house and had no styling products with me and we decided to go out to lunch so i had to make my hair look extra nice. My friend had some shampoo and hair grease and that was it. I washed my fro and finger styled it with grease then airdried it and honestly, that was the best wash & go fro I have ever had

i am back to the late 70s with most of my styling & beauty products and i have been having much better results than i have had with all the high priced new age stuff that is not tried and true. Im about to go back to using Ponds Cold Creme or Noxema on my face next lol
BM isn't that bad! I remember back in the day there was no "OILS" other than crisco (my aunt used crisco on her hair and feet), both were beautiful, and to this day her hair is still long and healthy. But again I'm guilty on jumpin' on the band wagon because somebody said this or that, I have decided to just do "ME" and be happy. I too was thinking about using some of the "old school hair products", heck, my hair was so healthy and long. As far as Noxema......I have spent hundreds of $ on face stuff............just a waste of money. Went back to Noxema and have stayed there. Just do "YOU", everybody is different and results are different. I love livin' in Amercia, do what "YOU" like and be happy Big smileClapBig smileClapBig smileClap.
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by glamrock glamrock wrote:

Now you know I agree with this. I've been using my Ultra Sheen, Hindu Sheen, and CON and I get great results with my natural hair and weave. As far as I am concerned, if it works it works. Listen to your own hair.

My SO uses Blue Magic.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2011 at 11:11pm
Honestly, if it it does more good than bad for your hair then I say keep using it. People say you shouldn't use certain products because of the ingredients and what have you but if something is working for you then why go switching things up.

Originally posted by Mishar Mishar wrote:

Moisturizing your scalp is not that necessary. Its your ends that will trip. Our scalps produce natural oils so when you put oil on it it makes it dirty quicker. When I used to oil my scalp before BHM and when I was relaxed I had to wash often because the oil would weigh the hair down which I hated Angry especially when I did a good roller set.

IMO moisturizing your scalp is necessary especially if you do things like wash your hair frequently because certain products can strip your hair of it's natural oils. Also, you have to remember that, yes our hair produces oils naturally, but for some it may not be as much as others so that extra bit of moisture is probably needed to help their hair grow healthy and long.
PrettyBrown561 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrettyBrown561 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2011 at 11:46am
Please try to  refrain from using products that contain petrolatum or mineral oil in your hair. It clogs your hair follices and makes it flat and lifeless. Coconut, Shea Jojoba and Tree tree oils are great and healthier alternatives.  Trust me you'll notice the difference. I make a blend of my favorite oils into a whipped consistency and my hair loves it. Wink
Brownsugar1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2011 at 12:49am
Blue magic grease
gokgurl831 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gokgurl831 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2011 at 9:18pm
if your scalp it itchy and has dandruff you should try the kera care dry and itchy scalp glossifer! that stuff is amazing it gives you shine and movement! and it last for like 3 days unlike the blue magic but its like 13 and really worth it! as soon as you put it on your scalp you can feel it going to work!LOL
Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilacflower1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 2:35pm
LOL You shouldn't have asked that question on this board cause grease is rule number one when it comes to what not to use on your scalp/hair if you want to keep it healthy. Every black woman should know this by now.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic