BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Blowdrying Using the Tension Method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
mstinycurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blowdrying Using the Tension Method
    Posted: Aug 21 2013 at 11:51pm
Hi,
      Anyone in here blowdries their hair frequently... 1-4x a month?  I'm wondering because I want to stretch my hair doing that since my hair is getting longer then do twists outs on it.  Big smile
                                                             Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 6:09am
Bumping this I want to know too.....I've been tension blowdrying the front of my hair for ease of a half wig but I'm thinking about doing my whole head also on a reg. Basis
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:07am
I blowdry.

I have 4b when wet 4c when dry hair.. Ummm. I use half tension and half comb attachment.
I blowdry for ease . And I do not blowdry straight.

This is blowdried and then in twists.. I usually Bantu knot it. My hair come out super pretty.

Edited by darlinnic - Aug 22 2013 at 7:10am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 1:04pm
Darlinnic,
        Is your hair easier to deal with blow drying it and do you find that your hair is still in good condition?  I just took out a twist out on blow dried hair and I'm loving it!  It feels and looks great.Smile
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 3:41pm
I barely do this but I did it the other day and my hair came out really dry.
darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Darlinnic,
        Is your hair easier to deal with blow drying it and do you find that your hair is still in good condition?  I just took out a twist out on blow dried hair and I'm loving it!  It feels and looks great.Smile

I love it... That's why I'm getting a weave.

I feel like constantly blowing out my hair is going to lead to breakage eventually :(

It's super manageable and I feel like I'm getting less breakage..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by darlinnic darlinnic wrote:

Originally posted by mstinycurls mstinycurls wrote:

Darlinnic,

I love it... That's why I'm getting a weave.

I feel like constantly blowing out my hair is going to lead to breakage eventually :(

It's super manageable and I feel like I'm getting less breakage..

Maybe, I will try it a couple of times a month to see how my hair reacts.  Right now, I have so much tangling and knots in my hair that it's not even funny.  I think right now, i'm experiencing damage because of it.  With my hair growing out a bit, I may have to re-evaluate my hair products and routine...Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2013 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

I barely do this but I did it the other day and my hair came out really dry.
what type of products did you use?  What heating setting did you use?
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmybiga$$fro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 5:33pm
Hey Miss Tiny Curls! Lookatchu all growing. Last yr. I decided to go straight during the Fall and Winter months. I blowdry with the attachment since I need Cleo to be as straight as possible since Hubby would be flatironing her. I keep my press in for a month. I also don't use heat protectants( never have Cleo handles heat well)

I think the key for Cleo not having any damage with this routine is that I do a protein dc b4 using any heat. I also go back to curly when I wash the monthly press out b4 straightening again. Basically giving Cleo a rest before using heat again. Haven't experienced damage or any retention issues. Hth!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstinycurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by luvmybiga$$fro luvmybiga$$fro wrote:

Hey Miss Tiny Curls! Lookatchu all growing. Last yr. I decided to go straight during the Fall and Winter months. I blowdry with the attachment since I need Cleo to be as straight as possible since Hubby would be flatironing her. I keep my press in for a month. I also don't use heat protectants( never have Cleo handles heat well)

I think the key for Cleo not having any damage with this routine is that I do a protein dc b4 using any heat. I also go back to curly when I wash the monthly press out b4 straightening again. Basically giving Cleo a rest before using heat again. Haven't experienced damage or any retention issues. Hth!

Hey Luv!!
       Yep, it's growing out a bit.  Soon, I'll be able to play with the big girls.LOL  Wow, you don't use any heat protectants at all?  What do you use?

Edited by mstinycurls - Aug 23 2013 at 6:59pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic