It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MsZee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLOWDRY AND GROWING
    Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 4:56am

Hi Ladies

Have any of you had success in growth while blowdrying. I blowdry dominican way. Sometimes I will put rollers first and blow out and sometimes I will blow with a round brush from wet to dry. Please tell me. There was a time I went to a salon and had treatments done almost every two weeks and blowdried with a lot of heat. My hair still grew. Now that im doing it myself it isnt growing that much.

I wash my hair twice a week with shampoo and put contitioner in.
Sometimes I would do the egg and mayo treatment.
I roll my hair in velcro rollers / blowdry from wet to dry.
I started today using glycerine and water moisturiser but it seems to make my hair stiff. I havnt done a dc in about a month. I used dark n lovely but it doesnt work so nicely i think.

It's not growing a lot.

My guy im with likes my hair to be loose so please give me some advise. I also work in a corporate environment and I cant come to work with a bun. I have to at all times look professional. Really hoping you guys will help me.
Sponsored Links

leeshbeesh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 5:07am
maybe you are having growth but getting breakage from the heat? its a lil harder maybe with your work setting but can you do rollersets without a blowdry? or even a protective weave for a lil bit?
plastic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 7:11am
Originally posted by MsZee MsZee wrote:

I wash my hair twice a week with shampoo and put contitioner in.
Sometimes I would do the egg and mayo treatment.
I roll my hair in velcro rollers / blowdry from wet to dry.
I started today using glycerine and water moisturiser but it seems to make my hair stiff. I havnt done a dc in about a month. I used dark n lovely but it doesnt work so nicely i think.

It's not growing a lot.

My guy im with likes my hair to be loose so please give me some advise. I also work in a corporate environment and I cant come to work with a bun. I have to at all times look professional. Really hoping you guys will help me.

Maybe monoogie will come in here and help you out with the glycerine issue, but remember, it is not for everyone.

Hmmm you should be deep conditioning at least once a week.

You should ask the guy you are with if he wants you with long flowing hair, or short broken off hair (not saying that blowdrying damages you hair, but in your case,.. if you dont deep condition and you blowdry too, that is not a cute ending, but there are exceptions)

Are u saying a bun does not look professional ?

Freshlikemoi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 7:14am
I have one thing to say...Try your best as possible to cut that blowdrying out of your regimen..It will cause you so much headache in the long run. WIth thinning ends, uneven hair, breakage, stuntin your growth. I used to be the blow dry queen, now I try to only blowdry once or twice a month and even still, it isn't bone straight it's just to manage it better.
leeshbeesh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2007 at 8:08am
i dont know what your job is, but i thought a pulled back hairstyle would be considered conservative. you might not necessarily have to have a bun...are you saying you don't want a big fake bun or something?
MsZee View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2007 at 11:52pm
Thanks for the responses ladies. Well with the bun my har dont lay flat because im texlaxed.

What will be the cause if I wash my hair every second week and only blowdry then. that comes to twice a month?

I will try to dc with dark n lovely's cholesterol treatment. At least now im blowdrying at a lower heat and are managing that.
ladyrah05 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 8:44am

I just want to add that you should use a heat protectant before you blowdry your hair.   Also, you may want to allow your hair to partially air dry before blow drying it.  And from my understanding using a glycerine mix isn't the best for straight hairstyles as it attracts moisture... which makes your hair revert.  You MUST DC if you are blowdrying your hair as direct heat can be very damaging to your hair.

The frequency of your washes is a matter of preference.  I personally have to wash at least once a week.  For one, I want to keep my scalp as clean as possible and my hair gets weighed down easily. HTH
dawn View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2007 at 11:28am
You can still wash your hair twice a week however try to use a non sulfate shampoo(they hardly lather and are much better than sulfate ones). Some are creme of nature(minus the one in the blue bottle),natures gate ORGANICS,burt's bees,and etc. Also wait until your hair is about 80% dry to blowdry and do it on the cool shot that way you won't fry your hair(why not use the high temp. for deep conditioning). A heat protectant is a good idea also since you like to use natural oils give jojoba a try just because it mimics the oils in your hair. In other words use it for a heat protectant because the oils in your hair do not really give it moisture they just help to protect it. Good luck, and always ask when you need help!!
God Bless You.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic