BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

bloop there it is

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:11pm
Funny thing is Afro's shade is something Bunny would say to someone else...and damn bruh you got people on the rope waiting to tag team you assLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by mizzsandra00 - Aug 27 2014 at 3:12pm
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Another good one.  The man who starts talks for about 25 minutes and then introduces John Henrik Clarke at 27 minutes in.  Just skip to that markLOL

at about 12 minutes he explains why diop's research and assertions are discounted
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Funny thing is Afro's shade is something Bunny would say to someone else...and damn bruh you got people on the rope waiting to tag team you assLOLLOLLOLLOL

now now, sandy .. lets not get this started on round two, we're doing fine so far edumacting each other
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:24pm

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i had to put that disclaimer coz you knkow someone was gonna come with an 'a-ha' gotcha 'ms wannabe posh pants' and start scusting at wiki links

Don't make no damn senseLOL.

Think about what happens when you read things and don't ask any questions about what you just read because somebody told you it was the final authority and everything in it is true and indisputable.  That should NEVER happen no matter what type of text you're readingStern Smile

Everything is equal except the reader. 

can it be it was all so simple

/tekitha

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:36pm
@kfoxx: I'm seven minutes into the first video and the bilingual translation is driving me crazy. I understood what he said the first time . Oh well, back to listening...
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:47pm
@ Jolie yes that is a little distracting.  They should have just dubbed it for English and left it in French.  I had to put on my super patience hatEmbarrassed
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:35pm
So far I've listened until 41:30.

I do notice something that I think is worth mentioning though and that makes me chuckle a bit. Diop as well as the translator are very careful to avoid terminology that the African American audience might find offensive. It kind of illustrates the differences in the French and British ways of expressing oneself.

At one point, Diop is discussing a depiction of an Ancient Egyptian by an artist of the times. He's trying to say that the drawing clearly illustrates black features but he hesitates on how to formulate this and ends up saying in French that he was told not to use a certain word (which is most likely the word "negroid" ) although it is a word that is perfectly acceptable in the context of scientific and anthropological discourse. He stumbles around and then ends up with "black features". The way he danced around the whole sentence made me laugh.

Also when asked how the Ancient Egyptians looked, he responds that Ancient Egyptians themselves generally described themselves as black and are to be considered as black, even towards the end of those grand Egyptian dynasties where people were already quite mixed (meaning that even with the mixing, their blackness remained evident). He says this twice during the video and twice the translator omits the mixed race part and just says black. You can tell that both Diop and the translator are very aware of the sensibilities of the audience.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 27 2014 at 4:40pm
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

And this along with many truthful studies will remain on the internet. Not published in any newspapers or magazines. It will forever get lost in the billions upon billions of content on the web.

my sista
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:05pm

@ Jolie yes that is a little distracting.  They should have just dubbed it for English and left it in French.  I had to put on my super patience hatEmbarrassed

I finally listened to the whole thing. It's too bad that they did it this way because some people won't have the patience to listen to the whole thing in its present form. This could have been said in 15-20 minutes if it had been dubbed or subtitled. It was a bit painful to watch at one point
Brilliant man though. He knows his stuff.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 27 2014 at 5:06pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:08pm
Damn shame that yts made an perfectly scientific term (negroid) into something dirty.  SMH.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic