Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

bloop there it is

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:15pm
Nothing wrong with wikipedia afro unless you are completely unfamiliar with critical readingLOL.

People read out what they want and most don't go beyond the first thing that confirms their thinking anyway but you can always walk away with pieces to do additional research on.  I love Wikipedia. 

I feel guilty for not reading any of Diop's workEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Nothing wrong with wikipedia afro unless you are completely unfamiliar with critical readingLOL.

People read out what they want and most don't go beyond the first thing that confirms their thinking anyway but you can always walk away with pieces to do additional research on.  I love Wikipedia. 

I tried to buy one of his books several weeks ago on Amazon (about ancient black civilizations) and they were asking $120 for it Ouch

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Aug 27 2014 at 2:37pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I tried to buy one of his books several weeks ago on Amazon (about ancient black civilizations) and they were asking $120 for it Ouch

was it new?

i saw a second hand one for 289£

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:56pm

i had to put that disclaimer coz you know someone was gonna come with an 'a-ha' gotcha 'ms wannabe posh pants' and start scusting at wiki links

Edited by afrokock - Aug 27 2014 at 3:05pm
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:56pm
A good video for you Jolie.  I have it bookmarked and I think I'll listen tomorrow while I'm working.

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:59pm
Another good one.  The man who starts talks for about 25 minutes and then introduces John Henrik Clarke at 27 minutes in.  Just skip to that markLOL

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 27 2014 at 3:03pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

was it new?

i saw a second hand one for 289£

Yes, it was new. I wasn't expecting that price at all. I guess his books are rare?

Incidentally, I just made the conversion from pounds to dollars. That's $519.43 Canadian! This man better explain the meaning of life in there...
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:03pm
@kfoxx: will watch! Thanks!
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:04pm
LOL @ Jolie.

Interesting.  JHC talks about how he fought for 7 years to get Diops books translated into English.  I love that manCry
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

i had to put that disclaimer coz you knkow someone was gonna come with an 'a-ha' gotcha 'ms wannabe posh pants' and start scusting at wiki links

Don't make no damn senseLOL.

Think about what happens when you read things and don't ask any questions about what you just read because somebody told you it was the final authority and everything in it is true and indisputable.  That should NEVER happen no matter what type of text you're readingStern Smile

Everything is equal except the reader. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Aug 27 2014 at 3:08pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon