Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blk NFL Player Threatened & Racially Bullied Quits
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blk NFL Player Threatened & Racially Bullied Quits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 7:46pm
they're both pussies so i think they should just call it even and move on.  Martin was happy to comply with the coonery, even AFTER he left the team. why would he send Incognito messages saying great game and he just needed a little time away, no big deal, etc...prior to the story blowing up?  it sounds like someone got in his head about him having some type of case but he forgot(or is just stupid, ivy league edu or not) the hundreds of messages between the two of them where he was happy to go along with the banter.
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 7:48pm
I guess Martin can say he just tried to get along with him to keep the peace.

They have like 1200 messages back and forth.
These nfl players are weird .

Imma kill your family?
Gang rape your sister?

These men are silly.

Edited by jonesable - Nov 10 2013 at 7:49pm
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 7:59pm
1,200 messages between 2 men in a one year time period.......suspect.....

1,200/365 = 3.28 messages per day.....
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2013 at 8:00pm
Lol maybe it was about team meetings and schemes and killing families and stuff.
You know ..business
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 1:19am

Incognito says Martin sent him threatening text

• In an interview with Fox Sports televised Sunday, Incognito said he never took the threat seriously. Incognito said he regrets the racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker-room ''brotherhood,'' not bullying.

''A week before this went down, Jonathan Martin texted me on my phone - 'I will murder your whole ... family,''' Incognito said, quoting Martin as using a profanity. ''Now did I think Jonathan Martin was going to murder my family? Not one bit. ... I knew it was coming from a brother. I knew it was coming from a friend. I knew it was coming from a teammate. That just puts in context how we communicate with one another.''

Responding to the interview, Martin's attorney tweeted the message Incognito quoted. The message was accompanied by two photos of a laughing woman holding a dog, suggesting it was intended as a joke.

''JMart's text 2 Richie Incognito. U decide.....'' attorney David Cornwell tweeted. That was the only response by Cornwell or Martin's agent to requests from The Associated Press for comment on Incognito's interview.

Incognito said Martin also sent him a friendly text four days after leaving the team to undergo counseling for emotional issues. The message came on the heels of the Dolphins' overtime victory against Cincinnati.

'Wassup man? The world's gone crazy lol. I'm good tho congrats on the win,'' Martin said in a text verified by Fox Sports. ''Yeah I'm good man. It's insane bro but just know I don't blame you guys at all. It's just the culture around football and the locker room got to me a little.''

Martin left the team two weeks ago, and Cornwell alleges the second-year pro was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito. Martin hasn't spoken publicly but will discuss the case late next week with a special investigator hired by the league.

''This isn't an issue about bullying,'' Incognito told Fox. ''This is an issue of my and Jon's relationship. You can ask anyone in the Miami Dolphins' locker room who had Jon Martin's back the absolute most, and they'll undoubtedly tell you me.

''All this stuff coming out, it speaks to the culture of our locker room, it speaks to culture of our closeness, it speaks to the culture of our brotherhood.''

Incognito's phone showed 1,142 text messages between the two players over the past year, Fox reported.

The network said Incognito declined to answer only one question: Did coaches order him to toughen up Martin? The NFL will investigate the role of coach Joe Philbin, his staff and Miami management in the case.

The Dolphins (4-4) play for the first time since Incognito was suspended when they face Tampa Bay (0-8) on Monday night.

Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and they've been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin.

Incognito acknowledged leaving a voicemail for Martin in April in which he used a racist term, threatened to kill his teammate and threatened to slap Martin's mother.

''When I see those words come up across the screen, I'm embarrassed,'' said Incognito, adding that Martin used the same racist term ''a lot.''

''I'm embarrassed by my actions. But what I want people to know is the way Jonathan and the rest of the offensive line and our teammates communicate. It's vulgar. It's not right. ... I understand why a lot of eyebrows get raised when people don't know how Jon and I communicate to one another.''

Incognito said he never sensed that football or the locker-room culture were getting to Martin.

''As his best friend on the team, that's what has me miffed - how I missed this,'' Incognito said. ''I never saw it coming.''

Long labeled one of the NFL's dirtiest players, Incognito acknowledged his reputation for out-of-bounds behavior - and the impact the much-quoted, threatening voicemail has had on his image.

''It sounds terrible. It sounds like I'm a racist pig. It sounds like I'm a meathead. It sounds a lot of things that it's not. ... If you go just by all the knucklehead stuff I've done in the past, you're sitting in your home and thinking, 'This guy is a loose cannon. This guy is a terrible person. This guy is a racist.' That couldn't be farther from the truth.''

Incognito said if he met with Martin and his family, he would apologize for anything they took as malicious.

---

AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL

---

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/incognito-says-martin-sent-him-173655999--nfl.html

Edited by bindy - Nov 11 2013 at 1:21am
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 1:23am
I started to read what you posted, bindy, but then I got distracted by the food in your avi...lol It looks so delicious!
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 10:24am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

I started to read what you posted, bindy, but then I got distracted by the food in your avi...lol It looks so delicious!

indeed......
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 10:51am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

•  Incognito said he regrets the racist and profane language he used with Martin, but said it stemmed from a culture of locker-room ''brotherhood,'' not bullying.

Ermmblack men out here leading white men astray
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

they're both pussies so i think they should just call it even and move on.  Martin was happy to comply with the coonery, even AFTER he left the team. why would he send Incognito messages saying great game and he just needed a little time away, no big deal, etc...prior to the story blowing up?  it sounds like someone got in his head about him having some type of case but he forgot(or is just stupid, ivy league edu or not) the hundreds of messages between the two of them where he was happy to go along with the banter.

hmmmmm

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2013 at 5:10pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>