BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Blending

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Tiiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blending
    Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 2:35pm
I have an italian yaki full lace wig in color 2 and my hair is 1B. The texture of the wig for me to blend my hair is not a problem, but the color difference is. Any suggestions?

Edited by Tiiny - Apr 08 2014 at 2:35pm
Sponsored Links

juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 6:07pm
I'd dye the hair to a off-black/1B color
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 7:04pm
I assume you're wearing your unit behind the hairline? How do you install/apply it? 

I agree, juicifruit, it would be easiest to dye the unit a darker color than to try to lighten your hair and potentially damaging your natural hair. 
Tiiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

I'd dye the hair to a off-black/1B color

I forgot to mention in my post that the unit has a silk top. I contemplated dying the hair, but I don't know how to do it without ruining the silk top.

In relation to this, this is the link to the thread I started this morning:
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/colouring-full-lace-wig_topic369813.html
Tiiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2014 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Traylee Traylee wrote:

I assume you're wearing your unit behind the hairline? How do you install/apply it?
I agree, juicifruit, it would be easiest to dye the unit a darker color than to try to lighten your hair and potentially damaging your natural hair.

It doesn't have clips or combs so I did Tootsie's mom's elastic band method to hold it in place, with a satin du-rag underneath, as an alternative to a wig cap. I tie the du-rag secure enough, but not tight on my hairline for the sake of my edges and hairline. I then use bobby pins on the sides to secure the unit.

Since there is a difference in colour between my natural hair and the colour of the wig, I do not leave any of my own hair out.

I agree with dyeing the hair but since it has a silk top, it may turn black as well.
curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 12:52am
I've seen people spray Jerome Russel temporary hair color on their leave out so it matches the color of their unit. The spray comes in various colors and is available at most drug stores.
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2014 at 7:40pm
If you used a temporary or a semi-perm dye (something with no developer), it would not be time sensitive, and you could take your time applying the color to the wig.  It's not difficult to dye a silktop, you just have to be extra careful and patient to not drip color on the silk when you section.  since you are darkening the wig, semi color would work fine.  I like the Cairol beautiful collection that Sally's has, for this kind of color.  The Bigen liquid is good, too; so is the Adore line.  That's what I would do!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic