Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Blending virgin hair types and the feeling

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
xtinedelay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blending virgin hair types and the feeling
    Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 11:35pm
I've seen countless mentions and seen videos of people blending their own hair with whatever type of hair they have installed.

But with all the different types what types blend well with each other and which one should you absolutely never attempt to blend?

I've found a few places in my city that say they sell authentic Brazilian, Indian, Peruvian, Malaysian, etc so in the next few weeks starting this weekend hopefully I plan on shopping around to do a look and feel test. I'm real nervous about buying hair without touching it and seeing it with my own eyes first especially with all the all sales final. I know it's hair but still! Pictures, even the most legit can be doctored.

And ain't nobody got time to be wasting hundreds of dollars like that. At least not me.

Also, do most types have a similar feel?

I know most go with Aliexpress but I've been reading about lice on hair and while I really want nice weave to grow my own hair I will NOT buy hair I have to flake little bugs off and treat. I don't care if it's the Gold Ticket hair, best in the world and pounds and pounds and absolutely free. That IMO is too much. For me.

I know Aliexpress has the best (what IMO is roughly the summary of the weave/extension world) for people not going with the super expensive extension plus types, etc. But do even the BSS brands that sell authentic virgin hair and stuff have a basic similar feel? I'm reading that this type is silky, this type is coarse, etc. But I just need to run my fingers though each type before making a purchase just to get a rough idea.

So types: which blend the best with each other and which don't.
Feel: does each type have a same basic feel?
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2013 at 11:42pm
Also, I honestly can't figure out my own hair feel. It's been 4 months since my last relaxer and I can remember how it looked but vaguly remember how it felt. So people say oh this texture matches mine. Either I just bought some horrible yaki hair (which I do know I did because if it wasn't so much money I would have removed it by now 12 days later because the tangling has got to go) but while it is too much hair even flat ironed I don't think it looks like mine.

My relaxed hair, bone straight or even just straight and just a few minutes from bone had a pretty good amount of body. I wouldn't say it was thick because pulling it into a ponytail it wasn't bushy thick but when down it was "wide" to where at a distance it looked thick.

But my hair to me was always weird to where if it was ever shiny it looked oily IMO. A decently glossy shine was the product of a whole lot of whatever it takes to make it that way. I couldn't ever just spray on a liberal amount of oil sheen and go but really use up the whole tall can to make it shine and last. I know that's black hair in general but I've had stylists remark on the lack of a holdable shine without a LOT of sheen/grease/serum even for our hair.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 2:29pm
As for extensions...."virgin" doesn't have specific feel due each bundle is different also due to processing whichis what brazilian, malaysian, peruvian hair is. Most of the hair sold as such has the same coating that bss hair has so after a couple of washes, it could be a tangled mess...some not always. What to feel for is the texture of the strands...how smooth or rough the strands feel. Also pay attention to the ends-are they sparse, filled with split ends and if you could open the bundle-check for weft construction plus how even the hair is from weft to ends.

As for your relaxed hair-the amount of shine/sheen the hair gives off is based on your cuticles. Hair cuticles is the outside part the hair strands. Closed cuticles usually reflect more light giving the hair shine/sheen and the opposite happens when the cuticles are open. When the hair is relaxed, for the relaxer to work, the cuticles must open up so the relaxer can penetrate the hair strand to break the bonds of the hair which leads into straight hair. Oftentimes, the cuticles are not closed when the neutralizing processed is completed.   To close the cuticles, an acidic product is needed such as roux porosity control. French perm stablizer or even using apple cider vinegar rinse 3 part water:1 part acv). Another benefit of having closed cuticles, is that your hair will be smoother and able to retain moisture.

I'm referring about closed hair cuticles /normal porosity not low hair porosity which could be a problem.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2013 at 2:32pm
I suggest using "Brazilian" hair since the luster (shine) tends to be on the lower side.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtinedelay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2013 at 10:22pm
Thanks but what about all the specifics on each type being coarse, this one being baby fine silky. Do any look ridiculous mixed with another type?

Also, I put in an order for a closure piece a week ago because I really wanted itand it's straight but will it look wonky with wavy hair? I plan on straightening wavy hair so I guess I could tuck in the straight so it won't look goofy on top since it's 14 inches.

I hope it blends with whatever I choose but I just really wanted the closure and plan on working whatever hair around it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply