Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

bleaching stretch lace and cap construction

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
yukiyuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukiyuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bleaching stretch lace and cap construction
    Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 4:36pm
can you bleach the knots if the unit has stretch lace.

I am also using fl to protect my natural hair. I do not like that stretch laces doesn't look like real scallp since i'm going my hair still is it best to still get stretch panelling or can i get a full lace cap?

also i'm still new at this but i want swiss lace. is it really that breakable? or would you say stick with french?

thanks in advane,
~yuki
Sponsored Links

pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 8:10am
hi yukiyuki you can bleach the knots on a stretch lace wigs but i basically get all lace instead of the stretch as i found that the wig i have (over 1 yr old) that had the most wear was the one with the stretch lace..Cool
yukiyuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yukiyuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 1:31pm
bump.
supermaxzhang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supermaxzhang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2010 at 9:02am
The stretch lace can also be bleached,but it not so neceesary.
The reason is that bleaching knots can not help a lot for natural appearance.
Stretch lace is designed for wig cap size adjustment.

The real Swiss lace is very weak.
It is not recomened for full wig.
French lace is a better choice.
If you really care more about the natural appearance,you can request Swiss lace in front.

Proverbs31Woman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Proverbs31Woman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 1:13am
The "real" swiss lace....   Max are you confirming my suspicion that most lace wig manufactures aren't using "real swiss lace" but instead are using a thinner version of french when swiss is requested or some other lace that is thinner than french?

Op, you can dye the knots on the stretch panel but it would be a waste of time as you can't see through the stretch panel anyway which defeats the purpose of bleaching the knots. Just measure your head again before another purchase, and it wouldn't hurt to add a half inch to the measurements and go with the full lace if the stretch panel is bothering you.    
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 2:39am
yes it can....
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2010 at 12:23pm
^^^yes there is a french lace that is thinner that cvs use Cool
KurlieBeautie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurlieBeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:58am
I'm chopping a beater to make a closure. The part with lace is pretty much too bald to use. The most dense part is the part with stretch lace.

Since it's pointless to bleach stretch lace, would you recommend that if I cut stretch lace for closures, I use the faux bleaching method?

Thank you.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 18 2012 at 1:03pm
Yes, Kurlie, imho, faux bleaching is the way to go.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic