Extensions Plus

Bleaching relaxed hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Suzoryu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzoryu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching relaxed hair
    Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:33am
Okay, i am black and i have straightened relaxed hair. I REALLY want to add color to my bangs by bleaching it first. Everyone that i ask about this tells me it will cause my hair to break and fall off. I would definitely stab myself to death if my hair fell out, but i REALLY want to add color.. Myhair stylist says my hair is very healthy right now. 

And my question is, is there really no way to have healthy, good looking bleached relaxed hair? And money and time is not a problem, i'm willing to spend however much i have to on products to be able to pull this off.
Sponsored Links

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 4:48pm
I've done it.....
w a frost & tip kit..... skinny strands....

so I wouldn't miss it when & if it fell out. it was okay that time....

let someone that u see w blonde relaxed hair do it....

Edited by kaai - Jul 05 2011 at 7:47pm
GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 4:59pm
Did you ever ask your stylist if your hair was healthy enough to bleach during your last salon visit?

It can be done but I would suggest being patient and doing research before you do this by yourself. Seriously, there's a way to bleach and not have your hair fall off.

For instance do you know what color melanin your hair will be when you bleach?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 5:21pm
Well ok. Here's all i can say for myself.

I just bleached for the first time recently and my hair is intact.
My hair is generally strong according to my stylist. I was getting my hair colored while I was relaxed.
I'm transitioning and bleached my virgin and relaxed hair. All is well.
Friends (2) helped me bleached.

I wanted to apply a semi-permanent unnatural color to my hair.

I cowash my hair so it's moisturized quite often anyway and the day before I had to bleach I let a light protein treatment sit for hours to build up my hair's strength for this chemical process. I'm sure I let conditioner rest on my head a little sometime earlier in the week. Then immediately after my 30 minutes (though bleaching kits or bleach powders recommend 60-90 for dark hair-it's incorrect for African American hair to have bleach on that long) I ran to my backyard with my big thing of moisturizing con and rinsed thoroughly. I made sure all the bleach was out and slathered my hair in my con and left on for 5 minutes rinsed it out and applied another slather on again and left it on for 10-20 minutes and rinsed again. I then observed my color and applied a deep con and left it on through the night and all the way till noon the following day.

BUT before all of this I did a TEST STRAND, TEST STRAND, TEST STRAND!!!
And use 30 VOLUME DEVELOPER NOT 40 Volume or your hair will die!
Can't say it enough!
Also remember that bleach n developer process with heat alot faster so if you apply it at your roots first rather then doing your tips to just above the roots first they'll be lighter (more eaten at by the bleach) so you could be looking at uneven color and breakage at the root!

I researched using:
http://www.clairolpro.com/hair-color-techniques/basic/color-theory
YouTube and googled bleaching natural hair
Talked to someone black on haircrazy.info

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Jul 05 2011 at 11:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 5:38pm
Just to start you off...

Notice how light her roots are? She applied there first and it processed quicker because of her natural body heat.

She's natural but she's done the only well done series of bleach vids I've seen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 5:41pm

If I can section well enough I'll try putting Vaseline on my tips so that bleach wont eat at them.

Goodluck

Edited by GoatGoatEtc. - Jul 05 2011 at 10:49pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 6:03pm

This individual had a burgundy semi-permanant dye on relaxed hair tips and a little on their virgin hair (on the right) when they bleached the base color for the burgandy dye was left behind and was red and the virgin hair was dark honey colored (left).

Remember that relaxed/chemically processed hair is more porous and will absorb dyes way better-hence the red color still being there.

Careful careful
kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 7:49pm
wow! u know what u r talking about!!!!Clap

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 10:55pm
To some extent but you know not a stylist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2011 at 11:12pm
Sally's creme developer is on sale for $2 something instead of $5 something for july.

As for products-mine were-
Kalediocolors Blue Tone bleach in the lil bucket-my hair's really thick so wanted to guarantee i had enough product.
30 volume creme bleach
^Put those together till I got a creamy mixture and added a spoon full of oil for moisture.
GLOVES
a tint brush-useless to me but great for straightened hair
Really good con
Really great deep con

Prep items:
Con
Keratin/Protein Treatment/Mix- mine is a full packet of unflavored knox gelatin, loads of cons, oils, and Aphogee 2 min.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic