Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Bleaching Knots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
LUVNEWHAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUVNEWHAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching Knots
    Posted: Sep 15 2013 at 3:39pm
I have tried bleaching closure knot multiple times. I used the red gold corrector and the shimmering lights shampoo but they still come out brassy looking. How do I fix this? Or how do you get yours to look natural?
Sponsored Links

CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2013 at 4:17pm
I figure this is a good place to inquire: I always see ladies on YouTube use 40 volume developer to bleach their closure knots; is there any specific reason for using such a high volume?
And also, this is completely just me, but I don't want the lace/base of my closure to be the same color as my face, because my scalp isn't the same color as my face. I want it to look as natural as possible.
PS: Sorry I don't have an answer to your question LUVNEWHAIR!
IamDARKCOCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamDARKCOCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 10:24am
watch miss bossy's video on bleaching knots. it is what I use works every time.
Ms_Kudos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ms_Kudos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 12:42pm
After the first wash, let the shampoo (red gold/shimmer lights) sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.  Repeat.  You may have to do it multiple times, but the brassiness will begin to fade.
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 1:00pm
The brassiness on the closure is because you washed the bleach off to early. If the hair has a natural brown then gets bleached it will start turning orange before it get to light tan. In the event that you do not time it correctly then the shimmer lights needs to be done like 5 times. Be very carefule when using shimmer lights because it will turn the lace gray.
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2013 at 1:07pm
Wow you ladies are life savers. Thanks...I have 2 lace closures that I have bleached twice. The brassiness is still there on both of them. Closure #1, I have used the shimmer lights on at least 5 times. Closure #2 is not as brassy but it's still there. What step(s) do I take at this point. Do I bleach again? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
mocherry View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mocherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2013 at 8:23pm
you can also try a toner if you havent already. This is a separate step after you bleach. I use a Wella brand with 20 developer. That should knock out that brassiness.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2013 at 6:46pm
What is a toner? Unfortunately, I didn't have a red corrector. All I had was the powder, developer and Red Out Shampoo Treatment. I bleached the knots and left the bleach on for about 15 minutes. I then applied the Red Out Shampoo Treatment and let it sit for 10 minutes. My closure is as brassy as it wants to be. And on top of that some of the actual hair got bleached. OuchCry I wanna cry. Please help ladies. Thank you in advance.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 9:38pm
Update! I did my research and found out what a toner is. I'm happy to say I fixed my closure--without the toner though, lol.

I applied the Red Out Shampoo Treatment and let it sit for 10 minutes. I did this twice. No more brassiness!! Big smile
I also plucked out a few of the knots to create a more natural-looking part. I'm satisfied! Approve
mocherry View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mocherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 9:25pm
^^great update
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>