Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bleaching knots on halleys closure PLEASE HELP!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Forum LockedBleaching knots on halleys closure PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
DT_SLIM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT_SLIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching knots on halleys closure PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 4:54pm
Hi, i am bleaching the knots on my halleys curls lace closure and all it did was turn the lace orange. I did a patch test, and i used all the products necessary, my ratio my have been off though. Must i do a rit dye remover first, my lace is light tan to a medium tan? and if so, how do i use rit dye remover? And how much un red do you use?

Please help , i get my install on wednesday.
Thanks So mcuh!
Sponsored Links

sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 5:23pm
no the orange means you took it off too soon.. i use the color correction (it purple) by the same people that make the unred, i think it works better.. b/c you never have the orange.. b/c it corrects the color.. you can get the shimmering lights shampoo by clairol b/c its a purple shampoo especially for blonde and silver colors, and so is the color correction.. if you wash with it, it will help remove some of the orange..
DT_SLIM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT_SLIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 4:22am
Oh so just put a few drops of the product called color corector.  But it didnt even turn the knots orange just the lace .Since i did a patch test should i go over the same spot again
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 5:14am
Originally posted by DT_SLIM DT_SLIM wrote:

Oh so just put a few drops of the product called color corector.  But it didnt even turn the knots orange just the lace .Since i did a patch test should i go over the same spot again

yes it did.. otherwise it wouldn't be orange some color transititioning did occur that's where the orange came from the hair changing colors.. the orange is the color just b4 it turns blonde.. and the color correction i add to the bleaching mixture not on the unit.. the shimmering lights is a shampoo that you can find at sally's.. what the color correction which is purple just like the shimmering lights shampoo, its the opposite color of yellow/orange is purple/violet and using a purple shampoo/conditioner will  neutralise all the yellow/orange 'tones' in the hair. It DOES work b/c it also helps when the lace turns orange in the transititioning process... there are a number of products specifically designed for this problem and what they do is deposit a tiny bit of 'purple-hued' pigment in the hair to calm the orange/yellow tones down. It also works for natural blondes in need af a bit of a boost, as well as highlights. and this is why i like to use the color correction in my bleaching mixture better than unred b/c it corrects the color and it doesn't leave the orange residue on the lace..

AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 11:16am

My suggestion is that you buy a level 8 or 9 hair color with a blue base to neutralize the orange.  That would be a very light blonde. Put it on the lace and knots or the area that you want to correct, but not the hair.

Edited by AshleysMom - Dec 29 2009 at 11:16am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 1:21pm

BTW: The opposite of orange is blue.  The opposite of yellow is purple.

One member used a toner to correct the color of the lace, likely a blue based for brassy orange.

Edited by AshleysMom - Dec 29 2009 at 1:24pm
DT_SLIM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DT_SLIM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 2:23pm
Thanks, I will be retrying later right after i find this rit dye remover thread :)
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by AshleysMom AshleysMom wrote:

BTW: The opposite of orange is blue.  The opposite of yellow is purple.

One member used a toner to correct the color of the lace, likely a blue based for brassy orange.
the shimmering lights is purple and it still corrects the orange on the lace and has worked many times on this board, for this same procedure of bleaching knots. underlying pigments are all reds, oranges, and yellows, that is, if your beginning with a blank canvas or virgin hair...if not, then it becomes slightly more complicated b/c more than likely your dealing with the artificial pigment already on the hair...you're adding color to color, so the results will be a combination of all elements..which i'd be willing to bet (clothing dye) its already got another color on the hair to begin with, so it not going to be an exact science.

I was merely stating that I prefer the Red, Gold corrector b/c it corrects all that and as a toner, neutralizer when bleaching knots, i prefer it more than using the unred b/c it doesn't cover all that..

Red Gold Corrector Plus hair color corrector is a color additive that tones and neutralizes red, gold and brassy hair. It is compatible with all color lines. This product should be used during tinting, bleaching or toning, to prevent unwanted, harsh red or gold.

and OP b4 you bleach it again how long did you leave it on the first time?

Edited by sexibeach - Dec 29 2009 at 7:16pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 7:56pm
I was merely answering the OP's PM and questions addressed to me on the open forum. 
I do recall a few members who stated they were using Red Gold color corrector. The latest was because Sally's discontinued everything else and I am sure it worked like a charm.  I use both both in my mixtures.  I planned to add that to the Remix thread.

However, I have only had bad results with fabric dye and darker lace and anything I added did not matter much.  By the time it looked decent it was shedding terribly. 

If using the proper products and following proper directions produces bad results on a patch test, that may be a sign to discontinue and try another route for those who may not want to take risks with resistant hair or discolored lace.

Unred, red out, red gold color corrector  look the same to me and almost have the same ingredient and most importantly have given me near consistant results.
They are great products.
 Good Luck OP,  waiting on your PM.

Edited by AshleysMom - Dec 29 2009 at 11:14pm
etoile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2009 at 9:58pm
^^^ Speaking of your thread, what happened to it?? I am planning on bleaching the knots on my new IY and needed a refresher. I thought it was a sticky?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic