Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BLEACHING KNOTS 4 Professional Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 11:24pm
Those knots are flawless but I would expect nothing less from you.
Sponsored Links

AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Blossom8186 Blossom8186 wrote:

Wow thank you AM Thumbs%20Up  That was very generous of you to share. Why is liquid lightner used as well as powder? Also for someone whose unit was colored with fabric dye, would RDR still be needed prior to using this technique? I know you stated results aren't guaranteed with jet black but, for example sake, let's say someone had a #2 unit colored with fabric dye...would it be advisable to do a rit dye dip prior to using your method?

No problem ladies! 

Liquid Lightener boosts the entire process and the oil is supposed to make the process less harsh if it were used on the hair itself. 

Fabric dye? Yes,  I would do a rit dye remover dip first.  I would even try rit dipping double knots before using bleach. 

Repeatly bleaching knots with such a strong solution could leave you with weakened knots.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by happy2binformed happy2binformed wrote:

Thanks AshleysMom,,,,,,should the knots be sealed before and after this process or just after?

Always seal your knots last.   I use "KNOT MY PROBLEM" from HairDirect and it works well.  Must reseal after each wash.

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by calimesmerizer calimesmerizer wrote:

I dont understand what you mean by TAP ON THE KNOTS...

What I mean by "tap on knots" is   take your soft bristled brush and gently touch the knots and apply a tiny bit of solution.   You do not need to coat your lace with a bowl full of bleach.

In other words, that Esquizite video...DeadDeadDead  will leave you with bleached out roots, washed out color and a mess to clean up.  I took a close look at that video and I would advise you not to apply your bleach that way.   The results that I saw on the video appeared horrid.

Sorry Exquizite...if you are reading this, nothing personal... just my opinion.

We can all grow and get better together Big%20smile  Sister Love!

The new way does not damage your roots, affects the lace only a little and should leave you with invisible knots.   That would be the desired results.   The point is, we want to see what appears to be skin when we part our hair or when someone looks into it.  If your scalp looks black due to a matrix of black dots, it  might still look okay, but not as good as it would with invisible knots.

March09%20126

Edited by AshleysMom - May 26 2009 at 11:52am
Special1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Special1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:12pm
AM, this method is a revelation for me. I am guilty of "slathering on like peanut butter on bread" I am going to "tap" the mixture on my next unit. Thanks again!
Malwina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malwina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 12:42pm
Is the developer in the kit?
sashaone2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sashaone2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 2:50pm
what is red out
Mochachip915 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mochachip915 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 3:40pm
Thanks...I do too much mixture and slather...I will do better, I promise... Will try this
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 3:55pm
Thank you AM! That was very informative and helpful. Your knots in that pic are flawless
luvmihair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2009 at 6:13pm
very useful thanks AM
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 55>
  Share Topic