Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

BLEACHING KNOTS 4 Professional Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLEACHING KNOTS 4 Professional Results
    Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:36am

I am sharing AM's revised fool-proof method of bleaching knots. I can not guarantee perfect professional results on darker lace, sealed knots, double knots or jet black fabric dye.

The desired results are knots that are less visible without creating pseudo thinning, wide parts and awful bleached out roots.  

I have seen results occur as soon as 10 minutes, but can take as long as 40 depending on the volume of developer you choose.   You may choose 20, 30 or 40 volume.
 I use 40 volume with a liquid lightener and powder bleach in equal amounts.   The amount is very, very small.  I use a bottle cap, such as the cap attached to a regular bottle of alcohol.  I mix them all in a very small container along with a drop or two of red out and/or red gold color corrector.
I use a very soft brush.  The brush must be extremely soft, such as an eyeshadow brush.  I have used the smaller end of a frost/dye brush, however the bristles were very soft.  Do not use rigid bristles.

So:
 1. Wellite oil bleaching kit or Loreal bleaching/lightening kit with liquid lightener.
 2. A very soft brush for applying the solution to the lace
 3. A bottle cap / plastic teaspoon/wooden stick to stir and measure in equal amounts in a small plastic container.
 4. Ardell Red Gold Color Corrector  or RED OUT (or any product that claims to neutralize brassy red/orange tones.
 5. A clarifying shampoo to wash out all of the product before deep conditioning

Once your solution is mixed, allow it to sit for a few minutes to activate.  Take the tip of your brush and dip it.  Then tap gently on the knots.  Do not paint the lace thick, use pressure or slather on the bleach. 

Gently tap on the knots.   THERE IS NO NEED TO SLATHER ON BLEACH LIKE PEANUT BUTTER ON BREAD. Remember, this solution will begin to bubble and expand.  Overexposure is not necessary. You can bleach the knots on one unit with a bottle cap of solution and still have some left over with great results. 

Once you are done, you can watch it change color.   All lace and knots are not the same, therefore you may need to adjust the time you leave yours on for your personal tastes.  The time also depends on the volume of developer you choose for your desired results.  You may only want light brown knots, rather than blonde knots. 

The results you get should appear professional with virtually no giant mess to clean up and absolutely no roots to dye.  If you must repair roots, and clean up a mess that means you did not follow instructions.

Good Luck should you choose to accept this mission.Big%20smile
Here are a few pics.

Edited by AshleysMom - Dec 29 2009 at 9:34pm
Sponsored Links

Ladykmp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladykmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 12:42am
AshleysMom can you do a close-up of the liquid lightener?  Can I buy it at Sally's?
AshleysMom View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AshleysMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 2:12am
Sally's should have it or something similar.    Sallys has Red Gold Color Corrector

unred

Edited by AshleysMom - Dec 29 2009 at 9:34pm
thedivasworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedivasworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 2:53am
AM...thanks so much for sharing.
sweetyangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetyangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 6:58am
Thanks for giving that info. I have to try it.
NiceNbrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiceNbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:16am
GREAT TIMING AM!!  Great tutorial.  You're always so generous with your knowledge. Hug
Blossom8186 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blossom8186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:31am
Wow thank you AM Thumbs%20Up  That was very generous of you to share. Why is liquid lightner used as well as powder? Also for someone whose unit was colored with fabric dye, would RDR still be needed prior to using this technique? I know you stated results aren't guaranteed with jet black but, for example sake, let's say someone had a #2 unit colored with fabric dye...would it be advisable to do a rit dye dip prior to using your method?
DiorsMom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorsMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:56am
thanks I was doing the butter on bread thang myself girl.
geishagrrl24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geishagrrl24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:58am
thank you AM!
happy2binformed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happy2binformed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2009 at 8:59am
Thanks AshleysMom,,,,,,should the knots be sealed before and after this process or just after?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 55>
  Share Topic