FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleaching and Sealing knots

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Hair ViVi

Author
purpose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleaching and Sealing knots
    Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 2:42pm
Hey ladies. Firstly, yes, I did try to do a search on this but search isnt working for me.

I'm located in the UK so..UK ladies please help. We dont have ll these developers that the US ladies use to bleack knots and we dont have the products for sealing knots either. So..what are you ladies using to bleach and seal your knots and where are you getting them from?
Sponsored Links

Lrigyttiw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 2:57pm
a lot of us use got2b glued blasting freeze spray to seal knots. Maybe try a really stiff hairspray. Make sure not to spray too much because it will seep through the cap.

My LF knots were bleached when I got her, so I'm not fooling around with that. I'm scared I would leave it on too long.

HTH
amba2008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 2:57pm
Luckily I've not had to bleach any knots yet but from what I have seen on here Afro German Girl has a range of products www.bargainlacewigs.co.uk  HTH
purpose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:01pm
Yeah I heard about the hairspray. I might ust have to order a knot sealer from the US. The unit had bleached knots when i first bought them around 9 months ago..but i am starting to see a few knots looking like grids at the back. I read somewhere that If you bleach knots..you have to reseal knots?

I did find another alternative to bleaching the knots though.. Loreal Quick Blue power and Loreal #40 creme developer..available online from some UK stores..heard it takes really long though..like 50 minutes? to bleach the knots

Edited by purpose - Jun 27 2008 at 3:04pm
purpose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:07pm
I've checked Afro German's site but unfortunately she does not have any products for bleaching or sealing knots.
amba2008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:13pm
ooh sorry - ok  there is another place called custom lace wigs they def sell knot sealer for 24 (ouch) tho  http://shop.stocklacefrontwigs.co.uk/wig-care-products-37-c.asp HTH. 
purpose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:26pm
Aww thanks Amba Hug. That's the knot sealer sorted. I already have fray block and fortunately none of my units have frayed yet.

So..I'll get the loreal blue powder and 40 developer online.

Ashleysmum..lol.. it's really not that bad...see.. we now have one site to buy the knot sealer from..lol
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by purpose purpose wrote:

Aww thanks Amba Hug. That's the knot sealer sorted. I already have fray block and fortunately none of my units have frayed yet.

So..I'll get the loreal blue powder and 40 developer online.

Ashleysmum..lol.. it's really not that bad...see.. we now have one site to buy the knot sealer from..lol

the loreal can do it for you Purpose!
purpose View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

the loreal can do it for you Purpose!

Thanks as always sexibeach Hug
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2008 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by purpose purpose wrote:

Yeah I heard about the hairspray. I might ust have to order a knot sealer from the US. The unit had bleached knots when i first bought them around 9 months ago..but i am starting to see a few knots looking like grids at the back. I read somewhere that If you bleach knots..you have to reseal knots?

I did find another alternative to bleaching the knots though.. Loreal Quick Blue power and Loreal #40 creme developer..available online from some UK stores..heard it takes really long though..like 50 minutes? to bleach the knots
Powdered bleach and developer is all you need to bleach the knots.. Check the instructions on the bleach to determine the maximum processing time.. I believe 40 Vol developer processes MUCH faster, and 40 minutes might be too long a processing time.. Once you know what your maximum processing time is, you simply watch the unit until the maximum processing time is reached..

BUT....

If your knots get to the desired color BEFORE the maximum processing time, you can rinse the unit and move on to the next steps after bleaching the knots..

DO NOT PANIC if the knots reach the underlying color of orange or red during the bleaching process.. This is the hair's underlying pigment, and means only that the bleach is working..

Just leave the bleach until you reach the desired color, but do not leave it on longer than the maximum processing time and you'll be fine.. This is a LOT simpler than it's often made to seem.. Good luck!Tongue
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic