Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBleached knots and lace turns orange!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Nufsayd View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 5:27pm
@ Alexis303...Well I say whatever works for you...keep doing itEmbarrassed...I know what works for me and what has alleviated the orangey lace for me...so it's all goodEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Sponsored Links

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2011 at 3:40am
I  use rit color remover before i bleach knots.... never got orange lace...Approve
 but it has leaked thru once or twice... ( i put too much bleach.... I'm sure)

Edited by kaai - May 28 2011 at 7:18pm
Hairmonic View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 7:23am
Well, I made a little experiment to find out if the lace really turns orange.

I bleached a piece of lace which i had cut from my last wig.

And it is definetely not the lace that turns orange...thus its really the hair.
So next time i will try the red out....
Alexis303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 3:56pm
That's funny you mention that because I actually wondered that the other day, if some people were actually seeing orange in the hair and thinking it was the lace.  I was watching a video of someone bleaching knots and it looked like the hair itself was orange, not the lace, but I could see how someone would think it was the lace instead.  
NeedTresses View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Alexis303 Alexis303 wrote:

Yeah, I think the OP has probably already figured her knot problem out by now, LOL.  As far as the red out working, I really doubt that is what is working to keep your lace from turning orange, Nufsayd.  You are talking about two completely different principles- toning an underlying hair pigment verses replacing a direct dye in fabric. 

Although I'm sure some will disagree- Really when used with bleach, they have *minimal* effect even on hair.  Bleaching and toning/tinting are opposite actions.  Bleach removes color.  Toning adds color.  Doing them at the same time is always going to minimize the action of the toner.  I say this based on being a stylist for almost three decades.  I do also add a toner/unred to my bleach when I am bleaching knots (like most here I think), but I still think it really does minimal.  I think properly bleaching and placement of the bleach has much greater effect on the results.  That is just my opinion though and it's probably a moot point anyway since I use it too even though I think it does very little.

Good news .. I may need your assistance in dyeing a unit , if you don't mind  few questions. Thank you
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2011 at 4:01pm
Orange looking knots/lace is the reason I only order transparent lace. I avoid the confusion and I can dye the lace to match my skin coloring.  Three decades as a stylist? I need to hit you up in a pm. Embarrassed
_FCC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 4:29pm
Sorry to revive such an old post, but because I don't post often, I can't create a new post. 

Anywho.. I ordered a lace front wig from Royalty wigs in a 2 and got the light brown lace.  I love the wig, but I'm getting this orangy color where the hair is (not on the excess lace).  I'm not sure if it is from hair dye or orange from the bleach.  I saw a lot of posts on how to PREVENT the orange and some ways to patch it up.. but I want a permanent fix if possible..

So with that being said does the Clairol shampoo the previous poster recommended work?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Clairol-Shimmer-Lights-Conditioning-Shampoo/SBS-320024,default,pd.?green=16677107970&cm_vc=MYBUYS - http://www.sallybeauty.com/Clairol-Shimmer-Lights-Conditioning-Shampoo/SBS-320024,default,pd.html?green=16677107970&cm_vc=MYBUYS

Or would it be best to do a color lifting/bleaching on it?

Sorry if I'm repeating the same question others have asked... The only thing is I bought the wig already styled so I would hate to wash it and redo it :(
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 4:44pm
@FCC, did the vendor bleach the knots for you?  If so, the orangy color is probably from bleach seepage into the roots.  You can use a root touch up kit to correct the orange if that's the case.
_FCC View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 5:22pm
Yes they bleached the knots for me.. So where does one purchase a root touch up kit?
Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2011 at 7:52am
Walmart, WalGreen's, C.V.S, or any drugstore
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic