Perfect Hair Collection

Bleached hair & now it won't take ANY color

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleached hair & now it won't take ANY color
    Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:05pm
I posted this in a different thread over a week ago and no one responded so I started a new topic.

Ok I have a question:

I recently purchased an italian yaki unit in 1B and used BW bleach powder with clairol 40 developer to try to create an ombre effect. Of course, as has happened before, the color lifted and looked awesome with a strawberry blonde at the bottom, but ended up looking patchy and ash blonde in the middle (or ugly actually). And I found this odd since I started applying the bleach to the ends and worked my way up. So, I thought I would use a box dye to darken the middle section and make the transitional color look more natural and less harsh which I did just a few minutes ago. Unfortunately the color didn't really take and it looks blotchy and crappy. The reddish brown dyed sections ended up looking like pippy longstocking orange in some sections and just not taking at all in othersDead.

I'm not going to attempt to dye for at least a week and another deep condition since at this point I've done 2 processes in 48 hours. But at this point, I just want to get a nice warm brown in the center and a honey blond at the tips. Any suggestions?

ETA:

Right now I'm thinking I should just use the L'Oreal Hi Color in the blondes or browns colors with a 20 or 30 developer next week. Confused This was supposed to be my vacay hair so I have a month to figure it out! But your help is much appreciated!!!!

Update:

Ok so I was reading that dawn dish soap can take out color. And since the color I dyed was HIDEOUS I wanted to get it out ASAP. So, I ended up using palmolive, and it pulled out ALL of the ugly reddish orange. I'm soooo relieved. So, now it's sitting in a bunch of deep conditioner which I'll rinse out in a bit.

Still need a suggestion on how to dye the middle section a pretty color and not something God awful!

Edited by modelbusiness82 - Apr 24 2013 at 9:07pm
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:05pm
So this was the ombre shade I was trying to achieve:

But at this point, I would happily settle for this:

But the big issue is that I have these weird ash blond/#27 chunks of color near the top line of demarkation where the bleach was applied towards the top of the wig. :( So I'm concerned that they'll take the color differently (if at all) than the rest of the hair.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:06pm
To update:

I just tried to use the neutral protein filler and 24hrs later I attempted to dye using the L'Oreal Hi Color for dark hair to fix the middle section which was horribly weird looking. It DID NOT take at all on any of the bleached parts.

Any suggestions?
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 12:08am
I had a big list of color options but this computer keeps acting funny and deleting everything!Angry
Sounds like the hair can't handle anymore lifting color or bleaching. You'll have to use a deposit only color like a semi permanent or demi permanent. Most usually require 10 volume developer(will not lift), some may require a special developer (read the directions before purchasing just to be sure) and some don't require anything.  You'll want to do a hardcore protein treatment, rinse, allow the hair to airdry then apply color. Process, rinse, then do a deep moisturizing condtioner.

This requires 10 vol developer

This requires its own special developer and works wonderfully. Very gentle and beautiful color. I loved the red orange shade they had until it got discontinued. This can be found at some local beauty supply stores for a few bucks less than Sally's
here's the developer it requires

Edited by RedSoxtober - Apr 25 2013 at 12:28am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 1:08am
Thank you!

Well I'm letting the hair air dry right now and it looks like the color might have took slightly, just not as strong/vibrant as I would have liked. So...I'm going to do an aphogee protein DC and then wait another week before doing any processing, and I was thinking of trying a rinse instead to deposit. It's really the middle section of the hair that is just bugging me! >_<

I'll try your suggestions, there's a Sally's like 15min from me. :)
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 1:21am
You could do a rinse now if you'd like; that would actually help the hair out a bit. If the rinse doesn't work out, then move on to the other stuff.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 9:23am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

To update: 

I just tried to use the neutral protein filler and 24hrs later I attempted to dye using the L'Oreal Hi Color for dark hair to fix the middle section which was horribly weird looking. It DID NOT take at all on any of the bleached parts. 

Any suggestions?
Hi lift colors have very little pigment to tone... so that was the problem

And yes  to tone you can either use a rinse or a tint w/ 10 volume peroxide so NO LIFT just depositing pigment  

Edited by LadyAradia - Apr 25 2013 at 9:28am
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:37am
You can try the ROUX Porosity Control Shampoo & Conditioner then wait a week to tone. Wella ( can be found at Sallys) is good for toning.

Edited by GoldieLocks - Apr 25 2013 at 10:40am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 2:56pm
Thanks everyone for the tips!

So today I finally put an Adore rinse on the bleached portions of the lf wig in "Spiced Amber" and it took REALLY well! I ended up with something that looks like the Chanel Iman pic I posted above. I'll try to post pics of it after I flatiron and thin the actual lace portion later on tonight. :)
allanweary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allanweary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 3:30am
 Protein filler works to help seal the color into your hair shaft so it will last longer. Not only that, but it helps the color go on more evenly so you don't have spots that are darker or lighter and it helps to repair the damage to your hair at the same time.

Glass Jewelry http://www.GlassOfVenice.com/ - http://www.GlassOfVenice.com/
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style