Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleached hair but too light! Updated pic!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Hair ViVi

Author
TrendsetterBrit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleached hair but too light! Updated pic!
    Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:24pm
Hey ladies! So i bleached my hair and a couple of the piece are too light! Should I put a rinse over it or a permanent color (texture tones, dark and lovely) over it to make it darker? What are your suggestions? I want to do it today before I go back to work tomorrow Smile. Thanks in advance!

Edited by TrendsetterBrit - Oct 25 2009 at 10:17pm
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:27pm
Not sure if you started with virgin hair or not but I would go with the rinse first.    One because you are going darker and two because you've possibly overprocessed it already.   

Don't forget to deep condition it with a moisturizing conditioner.   I'd do it before the rinse.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:31pm
Oh yea I did start out with virgin hair! But the hair is still in excellent condition, it feels the same as the unprocessed hair.

@Rickysrose thanks for the suggestions Smile
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:48pm
When you over lighten the hair you wanna make sure to use a toner to add the color back into the hair. However to avoid green or pink hair you have to consider what are you underlying tones in the hair or else you will end up with the wrong color. (Remember yellow+blue=green). Also dye cant dye hair so re-dying the hair will NOT work. What color is the hair u have? I'll be right back to get a color chart to help u.
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:49pm
BTW a toner will not overprocess the hair anymore because you will have to use a devloper of 10, which only deposits color to the hair not lift it.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:53pm

Oh wow!! THis just got complcated!! LOL I have about two pieces that are too light and I just want to darken it to a  honey brown color (currently a light honey blonde). The tones in my hair are red. Thanks for helping me!

Originally posted by Unladylikediva Unladylikediva wrote:

When you over lighten the hair you wanna make sure to use a toner to add the color back into the hair. However to avoid green or pink hair you have to consider what are you underlying tones in the hair or else you will end up with the wrong color. (Remember yellow+blue=green). Also dye cant dye hair so re-dying the hair will NOT work. What color is the hair u have? I'll be right back to get a color chart to help u.

sharie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 1:55pm
I love use coloring.I have bleached my hair so many times.Do you have pictures?so I can get a better idea on what I think you need to use.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by sharie sharie wrote:

I love use coloring.I have bleached my hair so many times.Do you have pictures?so I can get a better idea on what I think you need to use.

here is one if you can see it! http://yfrog.com/78f0dj I want the parts around my face a little darker.
ILuvWeave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by TrendsetterBrit TrendsetterBrit wrote:

here is one if you can see it! http://yfrog.com/78f0dj I want the parts around my face a little darker.

That's a pretty color. That's the color I plan on lifting my wags nc to.

I've lifted color and then colored it the same day. I just didn't leave the color on very long. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you deep condition it well like RickyRose said. I would even suggest a deep conditioning moisture mask like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ILuvWeave ILuvWeave wrote:

Originally posted by TrendsetterBrit TrendsetterBrit wrote:

That's a pretty color. That's the color I plan on lifting my wags nc to.

I've lifted color and then colored it the same day. I just didn't leave the color on very long. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you deep condition it well like RickyRose said. I would even suggest a deep conditioning moisture mask like Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask.

Thanks girl!! I love the color too but the chunk is too big for me LOL. I didn't want that much of the hair colored! I feel like I look like MIA (paper planes) LOL.  I will get the hair mask too! THanks again!
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic