Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Styling
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bleach, Rinse, Semi-permanent, Permant hair color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedBleach, Rinse, Semi-permanent, Permant hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shanisha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach, Rinse, Semi-permanent, Permant hair color
    Posted: Nov 30 2007 at 2:02pm
I recently read that if you Bleach your hair, you will never get your actual color back.  Is this true?

I also heard that if you bleach or use the whitener, you will have to use a permanent color to get color results.  I wanted to whiten or lighten my hair in order to use a rinse or semi-perm. and the lady behind the counter said this only worked with permanent color.

Also, I have only seen semi and perm.,never the rinses...and the rinse colors are more of what I am interested in.

What rinses/semi perm. look good in darker hair color?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

2bBsL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2007 at 5:55am
the thing about rinses is that they show up best in the sunlight. some rinses are jazzings, cellophanes (roundbrushhair.com) and sebastians.

i disagree with having to bleach just to go a bit lighter, a friend of mine (asian her hair was dark) she got dyed it a brownish red by herself so there was NO bleach involved. I suggest trying rinses first and if you dont like it try a semi perm.

Bleaching  is probably the most damaging thing you could do to your hair.
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2007 at 1:51am
it depends on what color you want bleching is ok but if you can find a permanent color go with that. with the rinses you have to do that about every 2 week cuz every time you relax the color will come off and when you shampoo the rinses fade off. if you have dark hair go with dark & lovely, textuers & tones, or soft sheen  they have some nice colors and you can just skip the bleching. oh with permanent colors make sure you relax first then 2 week later you can use the permanent color. permanent colors you have to just have to touch the new growth that goes the same for bleched hair with temporary colors. jazzing and kiss express are good but if your natural hair color is dark it wont take.
ChoclateDymond View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2007 at 6:20pm
If you hair has been colored before the color you want may not show up becuase color will not lift color in that case you will have to use bleach. But if your hair has not been colored you can just find the color you want and use it with no problems.
blackdiamond02 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2008 at 6:58am
question i just got micro braids with human hair by Outre and the color in the back is a bit to pinky browny bronze...anywho its way too bright. can i color it using a rinse to make it darker?
mrschavez89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 12:43am

I have a question. Do i cut my hair before dying it to get the other hair color out( it's been in there for almost 2 years now), or can i dye it first and cut it later? Also what is a good black hair dye to use?

ashaun View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2008 at 6:54pm
I think u can get semi perm w/ no peroxide or ammonia which gives the benefit of a rinse but last 4-8 washes I think...I saw some at Sally's for under $5
i_am_sade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2008 at 8:00pm
kiss color rinses are the best i've ever used. stay away from vitale semi perm dye! broke my hair off sumthin realy bad!
TayMac View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 11:11am
I've used jazzings before and the last one I put in as a semi permanent lasted through two relaxers!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic