Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedBleach or Color Virgin Indian Hair??

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
TrendsetterBrit View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach or Color Virgin Indian Hair??
    Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:02pm
Hey ladies! I want to put highlights in the front of my install, would you reccommend bleaching the hair to the desired color or using a permanent color like Ms. Clairol or Loreal Feria?? I want to do like honey brown/golden colors. The hair is in its natural state which is about a 1b.
Thanks in advanceSmile
Sponsored Links

JUST_laney View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:21pm
if the color is lighter than the hair some type of lift has to take place. So u can either lift and apply the color you want or apply a color that has a lift in it. hth

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by JUST_laney JUST_laney wrote:

if the color is lighter than the hair some type of lift has to take place. So u can either lift and apply the color you want or apply a color that has a lift in it. hth

Thanks for replying so fast! Would I lift with a bleach? And what colors (brands) come with a lift already in them?
JUST_laney View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2009 at 11:47pm
feria browns comes with a lift already. but yeah you can lift with a bleach. there are some colors meant for dark hair that has a lift in it already. It just depends on what u want
prettypuff1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 12:23am
 when i did my color i randomly did it.. i got the bleach and developer and a prayer lol. I thought i was gonna eat through the hair, but it didnt. and if someone like me, someone who can't cornrow can do it, you can too.

Get some bleach( in envelops) developer( use #30 thats good enough). all the tools at sallys should be about $20 bucks.. $50 total if you buy some cheapie hair to practice on.. i didn't ;i just went in face first... :)

I just mixed 2 envelops of bleach with  1 cup( 8oz) 30 developer in a container, applied the bleach to the hair in foils and timed it.. Now with the virgin hair it should lift no issue.  If you choose to just bleach the hair to the color You should need maybe 15 -30mins to get it  the lighter brown shade. .

I say i did  two things with my hair because i  lifted my hair to blond, thought it looked crazy, so i rinsed the hair red right after.  I dc'd right after and the hair is fine..

It  isnt as tough as it seems.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 12:53am
Thank you so much for the advice!! I'm going to Sally's tomorrow!!

Originally posted by prettypuff1 prettypuff1 wrote:

when i did my color i randomly did it.. i got the bleach and developer and a prayer lol. I thought i was gonna eat through the hair, but it didnt. and if someone like me, someone who can't cornrow can do it, you can too.

Get some bleach( in envelops) developer( use #30 thats good enough). all the tools at sallys should be about $20 bucks.. $50 total if you buy some cheapie hair to practice on.. i didn't ;i just went in face first... :)

I just mixed 2 envelops of bleach with  1 cup( 8oz) 30 developer in a container, applied the bleach to the hair in foils and timed it.. Now with the virgin hair it should lift no issue.  If you choose to just bleach the hair to the color You should need maybe 15 -30mins to get it  the lighter brown shade. .

I say i did  two things with my hair because i  lifted my hair to blond, thought it looked crazy, so i rinsed the hair red right after.  I dc'd right after and the hair is fine..

It  isnt as tough as it seems.
ILuvWeave View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 1:03am
I usually lift the color with bleach and developer. It is soooooo important that you keep a careful eye on the hair when the color is lifting. I do NOT recommend trying to time the hair. Some hair lifts faster than other hair. One time it only took 5 mins for the color to lift on a bundle of hair, another time it took 10 mins, so just keep an eye on the hair.

Also, if you choose to use bleach, do it in a well ventilated area.

I like using bleach, because I can never get any lift from highlighting kits and boxed colors.
Punkie aka Jay View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 4:17am
Originally posted by ILuvWeave ILuvWeave wrote:

I usually lift the color with bleach and developer. It is soooooo important that you keep a careful eye on the hair when the color is lifting. I do NOT recommend trying to time the hair. Some hair lifts faster than other hair. One time it only took 5 mins for the color to lift on a bundle of hair, another time it took 10 mins, so just keep an eye on the hair.

I like using bleach, because I can never get any lift from highlighting kits and boxed colors.

Iluvweave hit the nail on the head .. For my highlights I used a box color dark n lovely it did not go very light...the lightest it went was 4 i think...the best result was the dveloper with a little bleach...i agree not to time it if you do not need to cause some of my hair lifted in 5 minutes it was blonde...some took like 15 mins to lift...keep an eye on it watch it turning color that gives you the best result you want
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 5:23am
Originally posted by ILuvWeave ILuvWeave wrote:

IA with eveything ILW said.

Couldnt have said it better myself Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic