Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach Bath on Ruth's Beauty: Results & Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 11:14am
Did you watch the video?  Did you see what was left of that thing?LOL
Sponsored Links

Curlyfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by bweave_itn08 bweave_itn08 wrote:

LOL yea LOL it's official, the Wigurnal will be held this Sunday...

I don't know if it can take another dry/wet detangle session after the BB. It's still alive but barely. Next time, I may try that SUrvivor stuff??But where do you get it?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Curlyfry Curlyfry wrote:

LOL yea LOL it's official, the Wigurnal will be held this Sunday...

I don't know if it can take another dry/wet detangle session after the BB. It's still alive but barely. Next time, I may try that SUrvivor stuff??But where do you get it?

I purchased mine on Amazon, but do a price check because the price and shipping can vary quite a bit.  Search for Eqyss Survivor.  Cowboy Magic is also an alternative.

nephretite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nephretite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 4:40pm

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

did you do the bleach bath with the upped doseage? 

COMB THAT UNIT OUT COMPLETELY B4 IT TOUCHES THE WATER..Ok mircowave the hot tap water only for 2 min. YOU ADD THE BLEACH TO THE WATER AFTER YOU HEATED THE WATER NOT BEFORE. you should fix a big mixing bowl with shampoo and conditioner b/c you will dip the unit in that shampoo/conditoner solution in between the 2 parts.. the bleach a little MORE THAN THE 1/4TH A CUP BUT less than 1/2 cup + one gallon of water, put in the bleach and water for 3 minutes lift it up every now DURING THAT 3 MIN., and then with a wide tooth comb attempt to comb thru starting at the ends.. its not necessary to get it detangled in this part, just start it and let it soak in that bleach for the full 3 min.s use a timer..

dip in the shampoo/conditioner, while you prepare A NEW BATCH OF WATER FOR THE AMMONIA SOLUTION (NEVER MIX AMMONIA AND BLEACH TOGETHER)(mircowave the water 2 mins) (AGAIN NEVER HEAT THE WATER WITH THE AMMONIA IN IT, ADD IT AFTER THE WATER IS HEATED NOT BEFORE) for the ammonia a little MORE THAN THE 1/4TH A CUP but a little less than 1/2 cup + 3 CUPS OF WATER (not a gallonthe extra percentage of bleach and ammonia amounts are for a unit that has already matted b4 ONLY, not one that's trying to prevent matting. You need to stick with the 1/4 th cup measurement for prevention..

when you put it in the ammonia mix, put it all the way down in there for 3 min's use a timer. lift it up and being the combing again, and comb it all the way thru then lay it back down in the solution to soak, do a comb thru a couple of times during the 3 min process.. you'll see the tangles come out completely easy in the ammonia.. the ammonia part is the truth for detangle.

then put back in the shampoo/conditioner solution.. then squeeze the excess water out, and begin to saturate it completely with conditioner (argan oil, cowboy magic) comb it thru again, it should be silky smooth and tangle free now. and put it in a zip lock baggie UNLOCKED, just fold it over, and nuke it for 30 SECONDS ONLY.. and then just let it sit in the conditioner a little bit.. then remove from the baggie, (don't rinse yet) and place it back on the wig head and pin it down.. then begin the rinse of the conditioner out of the hair running your finger thru the hair in a downward direction.. and finish the rinse and let it air dry..

I don't think OP did this.. I think her best bet is to cut the top and get some more hair and make a u part..
I have been following this tip from Sexi a a few years back when  I joined. It works if done correctly. I have turned the most matted hair into some silky flowing culrs...just takes time and proper procedure.
flashwasfast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashwasfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:53am
I have been able to restore a few wigs with the bleach method.
Celie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 7:15pm
Hey everyone ! Hug  I had a probmen with tangling and matting on a unit a couple of years ago.  I learned that when dematting and detangling horror situations there are some things you can do. Pin the hair on a wig form on a tall stand.  If I understand what the OP describes, the matting is occurring toward the ends up to mid and it is cross stranded. First try and separate the areas that you can and group then according to the flow of the hair strands.  I found the Johnson Love Detangling for AFAM children to be great in getting the strands untangled, using a rattail comb end. It takes time and patience separating those strands that you can from the matting mass.  Make sure you soak the hair with the stuff.  Once you seperate what you can douse the matting areas with a detangling thick conditioner.  Keep those strands which you have detangled soaked and combed out and put a clip on them.  Soak totally all the hair.  Let the conditioner sit for at least a day.  Then use your fingers and the end of the comb to try and slide strands from the matted globs.  Get as much hair as you can from out of them.  Comb it out detangling ( make sure that you are holding the hair tight at the area that is not matted or tangled.  It took me 4 days to work that hair. And get those matted globs all the way down the hair shaft.  Then some I had to cut out.  Once you have done the best that you can, smother that sucker down with a good conditioner.  Silicon Mix sometimes causes tangled hair to become more tangled.  Some hair just doesn't like it.  Once you are able to comb it to the end.  Using hot water, rinse it down, comb some more and when you feel it is totally untangled, rinse.  Then do the SexiBeach ( hey Sweetie, i miss you) Bleach method.  Then condition really well, and wrap the hair with conditioner on it, in a hot wet towel, ( put wet, not soaking, towel in microwave) and let it sit overnight.  Use warm, not hot water to rinse.  Some hair doesn't do well with cold water.  In the future, I suggest you be careful about what shampoo and conditioner you use on this hair.  A rich conditioner on well detangled dry hair before shampoo would help.  I know its a lot of work, but it can be done.

Edited by Celie - Nov 15 2012 at 7:16pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123