FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Bleach Bath on Ruths Beauty: Results and Rant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Curlyfry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Curlyfry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach Bath on Ruths Beauty: Results and Rant
    Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 10:17am
Hey lovelies,
I would like to know what is GOING ON with this flw from Ruth's Beauty after I did the bleach bath. THANKS to all of you bhm queens & kings that gave us helpful info on how-to.
BUT, this hair is something else! Do you think it's synthetic???Shocked

Sponsored Links

bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 2:15pm

ummm.. wow.. well... idk.. 2 hours in bleach.. lol..

You didn't really show all of your steps in the bleach bath.  Did you condition after the ammonia?  Did you try deep conditioning it for a few hours or overnight to get some of the tangles out before you did the bb? 
I'm sure you're not new to the lw game so you know curlies need more attention than straight/wavy hair.. Just wondering what you did prior to the bb..

Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by bweave_itn08 bweave_itn08 wrote:

ummm.. wow.. well... idk.. 2 hours in bleach.. lol..

You didn't really show all of your steps in the bleach bath.  Did you condition after the ammonia?  Did you try deep conditioning it for a few hours or overnight to get some of the tangles out before you did the bb? 
I'm sure you're not new to the lw game so you know curlies need more attention than straight/wavy hair.. Just wondering what you did prior to the bb..

IA with this, also  did you say the wig is 2 years old?
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 2:45pm
Thanks for the vid Curly.  

Do you remember if you were having issues with tangling when you first purchased the wig a couple of years ago, and do you remember how you cared for it?  Curlies, as I'm sure you know, need a lot of maintenance that can include daily detangling, extra conditioning, the works.
bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Do you remember if you were having issues with tangling when you first purchased the wig a couple of years ago, and do you remember how you cared for it?  Curlies, as I'm sure you know, need a lot of maintenance that can include daily detangling, extra conditioning, the works.
She mentioned after a couple of wears the hair started acting up. 
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 2:52pm

Oops. my bad, missed that.  Thanks!  

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 3:14pm
May her soul rest in peace.
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 6:11pm
Me thinks that if the hair started acting up after a couple of wears, and you were diligently detangling it every day, then the wig was probably not made with cutically-aligned hair.  Especially for it to knot up as badly as it did.
Bre. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bre. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 6:56pm

Okay, I missed that too.
francia75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francia75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2012 at 7:23pm
I honestly don't think is synthetic, after 2 years of use...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic