Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives > Weaves / Extensions Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBleach Bath (for tangling weaves)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
whatadoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach Bath (for tangling weaves)
    Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 11:57am
I mentioned a bleach bath in another post, and I had a couple of ladies pm me about how to do it, so I just started a seperate thread so that everyone can see it.

I do a bleach bath on any hair that I have tangle issues with and it always works like a charm!  It makes the cuticles lie flat, so the hair doesn't tangle or bunch anymore. 

Ladies, if you have any hair that is tangling I would definately recommend trying this.  Try it out on a small piece of hair, or some hair that you don't really care about first, so you can see what it does.  I don't want yall saying that whatadoll made you mess up your hair!

Professional Detangling Process for Human Hair Replacement Systems

WARNING:
The following process is identical to the one commonly used by professionals in the hair replacement industry for detangling most human hair systems. 

Although it is a relatively simple process, if executed improperly, may result in permanent damage to your hair system.

You Will Need:

Large sink with access to hot water.
At least 2 gallons of hot tap water.
2 oz. of Clorox™ bleach (must be Clorox™ brand).
2 oz. of regular household ammonia.
Wide tooth comb or brush (Vent Brush).
Instructions:

Step 1: Setup for Clorox™ Scrub
Draw one gallon of hot tap water into the sink. Next, pour the 2 oz. of Clorox™ bleach into the sink with the hot tap water.

Finally, place the tangled hair into the water carefully and begin the next step promptly.

CAUTION: DO NOT allow the hair to be in contact with the Clorox™ & hot water mixture for more than 2 mintures!

Step 2: Clorox™ Tangle Scrub
Using the wide tooth comb or vent brush, gently brush through the hair from top to bottom. Concentrate on the most tangled and knotted area of the hair.

The tangles should come out while brushing and the hair will become silky. Be careful NOT to brush more than 2 minutes while the hair system is in the Clorox™ mixture.

Step 3: Rinse Hair System
Drain the Clorox™ and hot water from the sink. Then begin to thoroughly rinse warm water through the hair system. While rinsing, keep the weft of the hair facing up. This will prevent the hair from inverting and tangling again.

Step 4: Ammonia Scrub
Draw another gallon of hot tap water into the sink. Pour the 2 oz. of ammonia into the sink with the hot tap water. Place hair in sink.

Start brushing the hair system again, same as before. Use a wide tooth or vent brush and gently comb hair for 1-2 minutes.

Step 5: Final Rinse
Drain the ammonia and hot water from the sink. Then begin to thoroughly rinse warm water through the hair system again. Remember, while rinsing keep the weft of the hair facing up.

After the final rinse, your hair should be silky smooth and tangle free. If you continue to have problems with tangling, please contact us for additional solutions.
Sponsored Links

MissLuxurious View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 12:01pm
THANKS doll!!!!

So is this only for BSS hair, or all types of hair?
whatadoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 12:09pm
It works on all types of hair.  I've tried it on high priced hair and cheap hair too. 

You how bss hair likes to tangle up, so if I'm in a crunch and have to use bss, I always just give it a bleach bath before I even put it in.  This way, it doesn't even have a chance to tangle!
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 5:54pm
Co sign Whatadoll. I used to bleach bath my wefts too for tangling issues.  Recently i bleach bath'ed some curly skin wefts and what a difference that made. 
MayaCola View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 5:59pm
Thanks for this - wish i had this information a few months back when i was walking around with the puffy hair!!!  Embarrassed  I note you say it has to be Clorox - can no other bleach be use - the reason Im asking is that Im for the UK and would hate to find that this sista still cant do a thing with the puff (when I go back to BSS hair occasionally).  Hopefully you can recommend somethng else or perhaps i should try another brand and see what happens.....Unhappy
Carla From VA View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2006 at 6:12pm
Does this lighten the hair?  I wouldn't want to lose the color...
qtslim83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2006 at 10:10pm
bump
glamrock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2006 at 10:34pm
Ladies, please be sure to rinse out all of the Clorox bleach before you begin the ammonia step - If bleach and and ammonia mix, they give off toxic fumes that can make you pass out or cause possibly fatal results.
MsChiii View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2006 at 5:51am
Originally posted by MayaCola MayaCola wrote:

Thanks for this - wish i had this information a few months back when i was walking around with the puffy hair!!!  Embarrassed  I note you say it has to be Clorox - can no other bleach be use - the reason Im asking is that Im for the UK and would hate to find that this sista still cant do a thing with the puff (when I go back to BSS hair occasionally).  Hopefully you can recommend somethng else or perhaps i should try another brand and see what happens.....Unhappy

Maya over the LF forms many ladies have said they have done it, using any old bleach they have.  Do a search in that forum.  I didn't see any of them who got a different reaction from using non-clorox. 
AlabamaKinks View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2006 at 1:06am

Can I just use the bleach and skip the ammonia?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic