Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Blackwm responsible for most of the self hate ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Blackwm responsible for most of the self hate ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Anyway I think the reason black women try to be white is because it's what most black men prefer.
LOLCry

Edited by india100 - Jul 23 2013 at 10:43pm
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:20pm
LoL @ "Ain't  no white man wakin you up every mornin tellin you yo hair is ugly!"
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Anyway I think the reason black women try to be white is because it's what most black men prefer.

so you're saying black men are the main cause for this in the community?
Well you're saying exactly what he is saying

I'm just saying. Women try to please their men first and foremost.
Oladunni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Oladunni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by CamiK CamiK wrote:

I don't know why folks refuse to blame the original oppressor...smh...

I don't think it's a refusal of blaming yt .. It's just .. now that you have this knowledge ..what is your excuse.. If the oppressor is responsible for the bullsh*t why are you still letting him have control over your thoughts ( concerning your hair , skin and beauty).
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:11pm
lol @ "just in case you didnt know, you're going thru an ugly phase" Cry
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:14pm
tbh, no non-black person ever made me feel badly about my hair.  in elementary, yes i did encounter asian and white kids who were fascinated and asked several questions, wanted to touch it, etc. but never said anything bad.  they were just ignorant little kids and i ignored them.  however, my male black cousins and boys in the neighborhood talked all kinds of shyt about our hair, darker girls skin color, etc.  it hurts when they do it.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jul 23 2013 at 10:14pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 10:38pm
IA with ms.wonderland.  I actually hear more sh*t from men than women.  Yes, I been called things by black women but I got the majority of the "u need to do something to your hair" and "she going thru the ugly phase" and "she'd be pretty if she had some hair" from men.   I fully believe that phrase "going thru the ugly phase" was first uttered by a man to a woman.   What man is gone tell another man that?  He'll say it to a woman tho.

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Lol at min 8 he's saying the exact thing Femme said.

He puts the blame squarely on the shoulders of black women which is weird.
But probably speaks to the lack of male presence in the black community.

The end he's talking about loving ourself bc we're beautiful and all that .

I clicked wasn't that serious

He's angry at the fact new naturals refer to their hair as in the ugly phase when they are growing it out.
But saying black women are the cause for self hate within the community is ridiculous

Which femme? Femmemichelle?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:30pm
I only scan a few of his ignorant words to justify his love for white women .
The fool want have worry about walking pass one in the night . They will muder is black butt and get away with it .

" I will not reflect my racist or sexist anxieties onto them as though they were strangers walking alongside me in the night"

femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 23 2013 at 11:31pm
Lol never mind. Yes he is saying what I said at 8:00. I am not the only person on here who's had more derogatory race based comments coming from black people than from white people. That doesn't take away from white people suffering from an extreme case of ignorance and privilege, but if you're contributing to the deluded and dysfunctional state of our community, YOU GET NO PASS FROM ME BECAUSE YOU'RE BLACK. 

If anything, I'm more pissed at the black people in our community screaming for equality, yet degrading and denigrating those in the community who look less like their oppressors. 

Ain't that some sh*t? I'm a coon for finding a nonblack person who appreciates my blackness instead of settling for a black person who wishes my blackness would dampen itself. Yall can get the fukc outta here with that logic LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic