Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Blacks who grow up isolated from whites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:39am
^^lol...I just want to keep this thread alive. I think it's actually a good topic, but I can see it falling through the cracks.
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

good question MB...i know they hate black people in Arizona...they fought tooth and nail to get ethnic studies courses banned.

For real, I got it from both sides. Not black enough for the blacks or the whites. Eventually I said eff it and decided to go out of state for school so I could live my life without being around judgemental b!tches. I'm a non conformist at heart. I don't want to fit someone's preconceived notion of how I should act based on their "Good Times JJ" character type concept of how black people should act.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:46am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Ok I'll take on the role of sh!t stirrer to make this thread more interesting:

Doesn't posing this question equal wonder & awe of all things white & its ability to influence the supposed collective psyche of the black community? So, be default does that mean since you're posing the question that you too are "infected with white wonder"?
What is White wonder? I am just posting this because the Majior themes on this Board have to do with RACE and COLORISM and the Pedagogy of the opressed..... plus I am sitting here watching Alex H. Queen "I m Niggra, Im Niggra" and I think to myself is this how some Mixed (black and white) people feel today?Ouch
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I've met black people who didn't grow up around white people AT ALL when I went to college. As in, from rural towns in the South where there were literally NO white people IRL but only seen through media. And I found the opposite to be true. They tend to not want to be bothered with white people on any level and see them as some funky oddity. It tends to be those who are actually exposed via real life interactions who harbor the views you expressed.
why the town's gotta be rural and in the south i don't know, but i tend to agree with the gist of this post.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:52am
Mixed folk enjoy being mixed......
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:57am
This topic is going places.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 12:57am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

good question MB...i know they hate black people in Arizona...they fought tooth and nail to get ethnic studies courses banned.
I am in Arizona not FROM AZ, and its the 5th largest city in the US~ but because I am from NY I feel the diffrence most of the people here yt and blk are stuck back in the 60's or something! There are alot of IR relaitonships here though... and every one looks unfashionableOuch people come to work in shorts and raggdey T-shrits
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 1:04am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I know you must be speaking for yourself... because I know a few personally that DONT really like it~ its like anything dependeds on your family, personal experaince.... I have a *friend that is dark and always wears plastic lace wigs and is married to a yt guy. They have a little dauthger togehter and the small daughter is walking around saying that she is YT! ONLY and she is only 5. Mother has issues and father just seems like he dont know how to handle it. This is just one example
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I know you must be speaking for yourself... because I know a few personally that DONT really like it~ its like anything dependeds on your family, personal experaince.... I have a *friend that is dark and always wears plastic lace wigs and is married to a yt guy. They have a little dauthger togehter and the small daughter is walking around saying that she is YT! ONLY and she is only 5. Mother has issues and father just seems like he dont know how to handle it. This is just one example

I got caught on the plastic wigs part. I love extensions and my own real hair. So when I see people looking like they enjoy walking around with a ratchet bird's nest on their head...I tend to look at them like Ouch.

But I was only asking the question to keep the thread going. However, sometimes it feels like on here half of the race baiting/white lust threads are all coming from the same mixed person. So, honestly, this question should be posed at him.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 1:37am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic