Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blacks on LTRs.....Thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 11:48pm
I was year 2000 too!
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

I was year 2000 too!

woop woop!Thumbs UpCool
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 12:19am
I had a very different experience.  Growing up in a military town first off, I was outnumbered by black men easily 20:1.  And THEY were the ones who wanted to get serious.  I don't know if they were lonely away from home or wanted the benefits but I was proposed to 4 times by the time I was 19.  Dating was awkward at times because on first dates dudes would be like, "Do you want kids?"  And would think actually I just want to win this game of bowling.  

It got to the point where dating wasn't even fun so I took a year off.  That year abruptly ended when I met my hubby.  We were very young and really, really, really stupid and I can't say I recommend marrying young but I do think there are some advantages.  

Growing up in a town like mine it would have been really hard to stay single.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 4:31am
Too many rules
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 5:30am
ugh, i used to be one who didnt care anything about marriage and kids...sometimes didnt care for it at all...but since I hit 20 I feel like that's changing...I'd like to be in love NOW with marriage in the next 3/4 years and kids by 27/28...I promise you this was not the move for me like 3 months ago and now its heavy on my brain, im like what sorcery is this!? Disapprove
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:45am
i like being married in my 20s
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 7:52am
I'm straight thugging and pimping lol
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:47am
I'm 27 and single and all I'm doing is dating and playing the field however I'm dating with the intent to marry. What many women don't realize is that not every guy you meet is "the one". So if you start putting a time limit on it then you think that guy #4 is the one and you start rushing sh!t. If I know a guy and I don't match up, I cut him loose. Although it would be nice to be married by 30, sometimes when you put a time limit on it, it creates unnecessary pressure. You're spending so much time trying to get to the altar that you don't realize that all the red flags are popping up and you're ignoring them. Next thing you know, you're headed to a divorce. You just have to know who you're dating, because in my opinion the difference between a 5 year relationship with no marriage in it's future and a 2 year relationship that's headed for marriage is communication. It's important to discuss what both people want out of the relationship EARLY that way there aren't any problems like you get married then realize your hubby/wife doesn't want kids...ever.

Edited by IslandSuga - Jun 05 2013 at 8:51am
Omni Harmony View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Omni Harmony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:39am
Originally posted by reesegurl11 reesegurl11 wrote:

So and I been together 10 years and we ain't married *shrug* we know we're meant for each other.
do you have kids?
live together?
share bills & bank accts in the same name?

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

wouldnt be me
my max is 5 years(while im under 30)

if i dont have a ring by then, bish swerve

This all day! I watched my mom and step mom wait on my dad (step mom has been waiting for 15 years+ for whatever deranged reason) so I told my s/o the deal. 5 years and I'm out!!!

He put a ring on it!

But honestly, I would have waited for him. He is sooo worth it.

Edited by csungrl09 - Jun 05 2013 at 10:43am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System