Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

BLACKOGRAPHY - Joseph de Bologne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLACKOGRAPHY - Joseph de Bologne
    Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:34am
Image Ownership: Public Domain
Joseph de Bologne was born December 25, 1745 on a plantation near Basse-Terre, on the French Caribbean island of Guadeloupe. His mother was Anne Nanon, slave-mistress of his father, the nobleman George de Bologne de Saint-Georges. He was educated in France, where his father became Gentleman of the King's Chamber. At 13, he began 6 years at the fencing academy of Nicolas Texier de La Böessière. He excelled at fencing and sports. Joseph was 17 when he became Le Chevalier de Saint-Georges. He was also an Officer of the King's Guard.

By age 19, Saint-Georges was called "the god of arms." He suffered only one known defeat in a serious fencing match. His skill on the harpsichord and violin earned him dedications from major composers, beginning with Antonio Lolli in 1764. He studied with the French composers François-Joseph Gossec and Jean-Marie Leclair, and became first violin, or concertmaster, of Le Concert des amateurs. His string quartets were among the first in France and were performed from 1772 and published from 1773, when he was became conductor of Le Concert des amateurs.

His bid to manage the Paris Opera failed when 3 women objected to working for "a mulatto," but he then directed the prestigious musical theater of the Marquise de Montesson. He published two symphony concertantes in 1776 and two more in 1778. In 1777 he wrote three violin concertos and six string quartets. Early in 1779, Saint-Georges began performing music with Queen Marie-Antoinette. He was an early Black Mason in France. When his orchestra closed, Masons organized the Concert de la Loge Olympique. During the French Revolution, Saint-Georges was Colonel of 1,000 volunteers of color and heroically halted "The Treason of Dumouriez." He was imprisoned for 11 months on false charges, then acquitted. He took control of Le Cercle de L'Harmonie in 1797, and died on June 10, 1799. Dozens of CDs of his music are available, as is a DVD, Le Mozart Noir.

Sources:
Gabriel Banat, The Chevalier de Saint-Georges: Virtuoso of the Sword and the Bow (Hillsdale, New York: Pendragon Press, 2006); http://chevalierdesaintgeorges.homestead.com/Page1.html.

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 8:58pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:05pm
Eff them 3 women.

I will go look up his music on youtube. I'm sure someone has it uploaded.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Eff them 3 women.

I will go look up his music on youtube. I'm sure someone has it uploaded.
i love it CC!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:10pm
did he ever marry?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

did he ever marry?
That I don't know Pit.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:20pm
They have his music. And the first song I found was a lively tune.

I need to get classy and brush up on my french lol
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:33pm
CC thank you so much for sharing this. It's beautiful!!!

My mother loves classical music and this will blow her mind!
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:41pm
im sure if i told my dad this he would roll his eyes and tell me duh.  he only listens to classical music. thanks CC. this is good music as i update my linkedin lol
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:51pm
No problem ladies.

lol But yeah, if I listen to classical it's going to be Bologne.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic