BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 1:54am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I am unique, but to me it's not about a ratchet/nonratchet dichotomy. I think "ratchet" interests/behavior/pursuits are just as valid as "nonratchet" ones.

I would love to find another 27 year old black woman with no kids, no man (and no interest in getting one), who is non-theist, a plain/modest dresser, not super social, and is interested in reading, watching movies/tv, eating good food, and just generally enjoys quiet, simple things in life.

So far it's impossible.

why does she have to not have a man or want one? or why does her wardrobe matter?

some of the best ppl are polar opposites..

Well if she has a man or is interested in getting one eventually, lots of her conversations will revolve around that. And she'll like activities that are centered around that (like going to bars, parties, clubs, etc). I'm just not interested so we wouldn't have anything to talk about/do together on that front.

Wardrobe matters because for many women fitting a certain mold matters to them...wearing whatever is most trendy, shopping, getting their hair/nails/makeup done, showing off their body, and wanting their friends to be, for lack of a better term, a "bad bitch"...none of which am I interested in.

Those are just some of the areas that influence the things people like to talk about and do...and we don't have anything in common in those areas a friendship isn't likely to work out.

You can actually find people who fit some of your "criteria" and can be your friend. I fit your bill except that I have a boyfriend and I believe in God. I don't talk about him constantly because there is no need, and I don't care if people don't  believe in God, neither I try to convince people to believe in Him (except as a joke).

I agree with you on the wardrobe issue because some girls they do look down at girls who do not wear/carry the designer crap that they enslave themselves to buy, but not all girls who are into fashion care about what their friends wear.
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Originally posted by sbrownie84 sbrownie84 wrote:

Does anyone know of other black women Without black friends? Do you categorize that as an identity issue?
yes I do know them.  They are very much in tune with who they are.  no identity issues
same here. i might be one of them. ...but in general i dont like ppl and am very picky who i may call friends. i have lots online...but in real life no one gets me.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:38am
My cousin doesn't have any, we only see her at weddings and funerals. She up in Chicago passing for white since her dad is Russian and she don't look colored. Confused
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:51am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

I generally find Black people who don't interact with other Black people to be strange. That would include women of course. 

A lot of the time they're on that unicorn ish with statements such as "I'm the only Black person who ______ (fill in the blank). I look at the them the same way that I look at women who don't have female friends. Its like do you really think that you are that damn unique? You're the only non-rachet, really?

this...

If you dont have any black friends, are constantly criticising blacks, and go out of your way to appease, and tap dance for
whites, then something is wrong with you.

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:56am
Yes.

I know a BW who hangs around nothing but WW, and it's married to a WM.

Definitely an identity issue.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 9:59am
cosign opposites attract... 

i know some polar opposites that have been together for almost 20 years.. 

and just cus a girl wants a man doesnt mean thats all or even half of what she talks about. 
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:29am
I'm happy I have mostly black ppl around me....I couldn't be 100% myself around other races...it sounds bad but they don't get black slang, jokes, etc so it's annoying
This thread makes me love my black friends even more
No shade of course
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:31am
no.  i don't know any.  wouldn't want to really...
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 11:58am
More than likely they're a racoon
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 141516