BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

yeah...she's a misfit...she looks like a regular white girl, but she's very different from ur avg becky. She knows it and apparently they can tell too LOL

idk why this tickles me but it doesCry

so does she date all black guys?
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:10pm
DMV
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

mostly, yes. But shes open to the rainbow.

LOL

what state are yall in?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:13pm

lol interesting
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

(oh, I'm too old to qualify anyway lol)

cries more

purp what happened to your name?

name change a few months ago.

welcome back.
Iowabred&fed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

that's one phenomenon that i will never be able to understand. just doesn't make any sense to me. black women are the shyt when they ain't getting on my nerves. i can't see myself being friends with a bunch of clear women; i might end up in jail. and im scared of jail.

Environment. (K-12) It happens.  I had no choice in where I grew up. 

Circumstances changed when I decided to further my education:

I went to two different (PWI, Private) colleges: 1st one -- all the black folk stuck together (international kids had their own clique --they were a trip, ha.).  It was dope, all 200 of us total. We had a "Black Student Union" and everything. Hell, my ex was the President haha.  A fu*k ton of kids from Chicago came through the year I was a freshman (2006).  We all had each other's back (for the most part -- some of them niccas were real hood).  I remember one  time, some country ass bumpkin dropped the "N" bomb at the bar -- sh*t got real in about 4 seconds. Of course we had internal issues with each other, but to YT people,  you fugg with one of us, you fugg with all of us. 

2nd college --There might've been maybe 65 niccas on campus (American & International) All coons (myself included -- not going to front. I was going through a weird phase). SMH. Out of that 65, about 15 or so were women. The majority of those 15 were bi-racial. There wasn't a sense of "belonging" or "family" like at the last school.  We never all hung out with each other. Most of them niccas came from Kansas City or St. Louis (I don't know if that means anything or not..?) as opposed to Chicago.

Anyway, point is, I would love to have more black lady friends however, my circumstances don't exactly permit that to happen. Other than my family, the only black women I know are the ones I meet at the salon, but they're older, more established, have kids etc. 

I don't want black friends for the sake of having black friends -- I want black friends who I identify with. That's the hardest part for me. No hoodrats, no bougie bitches. Just regular, normal, black folks. Where are they at??????  Currently, all my friends are white, but they know what's up. I will not hesitate to check your ass if need be. For my black women: I've been openly looking for the past 3 years...Cry

Edited by Iowabred&fed - Jan 07 2014 at 10:37pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

(oh, I'm too old to qualify anyway lol)

cries more

You know you're my ace boon, waterpark preference and hubby be damned.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

And if you live in a place where there is an abundance of Black women who don't have concerns about the newest Baby Phat dress, when their baby daddies are getting released or them actually getting a job affecting their food stamps that they sell, consider yourself lucky. I live in San Antonio, TX. It's not a lot of us here and the majority of the natives are on some different ish.

If I were still in Chicago, things would be different.

you're doing too much to prove you're not the problem which is only making you look like you're the problem

Maybe. Maybe not.
Hence my "meh. *shrugs*" post earlier.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 11:54pm
Ftr, I've never been a person to have a bunch of friends. My true friends, (not associates), are of varying races: Black, Pacific Islander, Caucasian and Hispanic.

The point I attempted to make earlier was simply location and demographics directly impact who you meet. If you can't meet them, obviously you can't befriend them.

The vast majority of my associates are Black. If circumstances allowed, I'm sure some of my associates could easily become true friends.

There is a distinct difference between friends and associates, imo.

I can't speak for Black ppl who just don't fhuhq with other Black folks,period.
305bgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote 305bgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 12:46am
There was a period in time, when I moved to an area in West LA(Cheviot Hills), that I only had Yt and Asian friends. The area I lived in was predominately YT and I really wanted some Black friends lol I finally met some at work and a few at school. It took a little while but I still had Black friends back at home.

Edited by 305bgirl - Jan 08 2014 at 12:53am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>