Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Black women without black friends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:12pm
I thought this was more of a coon black guy thing.
Sponsored Links

_ConcreteRose_ View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote _ConcreteRose_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:14pm
I understand what you're saying and Im not knocking it, but consider this: my best friend is an outgoing partier who was a humanities major  and Im a quiet introverted stem major who likes to play it "safe". We're interested in different shows, books, guys, clothing you name it. I love her though. I feel like we help each other grow. You don't have to be exactly the same as a fried to respect each others personalities and interests. Requiring things like a friend can't have a man just seems like you'll be missing out on some great possible friendships. Not saying that common interests aren't important, they are. but not a clone.

Edited by _ConcreteRose_ - Jan 07 2014 at 5:17pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by mrshairdo mrshairdo wrote:

this board and it's consistent 10-15 posters are representative of what total percent of the black ppl in the US? Or even in your state? city? town?

common now...

Most people don't share my aesthetic, on bhm or just in general. That's just fact.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:16pm
yall stay tryna help people who clearly dont wanna be helped.

Edited by eanaj5 - Jan 07 2014 at 5:20pm
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

my best friend wears no makeup and dresses like a hobo and likes girls
i mean if you were to look at at superficially we have nothing in common

But I'm sure you guys have important things in common...like you like different genders...but at the core you both believe in romantic attachment/relationships. Or you clearly care about intelligence/education...I'm sure she is not a high school dropout who can't string a paragraph together and has no plans for her life.

Senior Detective View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:25pm
I would like to have clone friends, clone husband, clone kids & clone siblings.  That way I'd never argueApprove
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

yall stay tryna help people who clearly dont wanna be helped.

AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:26pm
Convos like this make me scared to ever leave New York

Brooklyn is the home of the black weirdo. My homegirl hardbody wears the same outfit every day. She washes it every night but she wears it every single day. She wears no makeup and cut her hair bc she's too lazy to maintain it. We're totally different and hardly share any interests but thank God she loves me anyway. 
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

the women who don't want to befriend other black women seem cattier and pettier to me. so you don't like dressing nicely, aren't you Gandhi 

just get to know a wide array of people

Lol, that's exactly the problem...my definition of dressing nicely doesn't match other people's.

Women on this very board constantly opine about how they only chill with other "bad bitches", all their friends are cute, they and their friends are always put together (makeup, weave, perfect outfit, designer bag, 5 in heels, etc). So many times posters have stated how every women needs at least a little makeup or she doesn't look "put together", "sophisticated", "like a lady", "grown", etc. That men and women won't take you seriously if you don't at least put it in some "effort" where effort=makeup, hair, nails done, dressed like a style blogger or reality star.

I personally can't be friends with people with those beliefs...not because I'm better than them...but because it wouldn't be fun for me to be constantly judged by a friend...or have that person feel embarrassed or uncomfortable to be seen with me.

Truuuthhhhh ....im experiencing this now lool
AmyAmyAmy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AmyAmyAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:32pm
Its tough to make friends period.
Black women are tough to make friends with..no word of a lie....
I would prefer black friends though..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic